Friday, May 30, 2008

What have we been up to...

I am getting our pictures up from our long trip to Grandma & Grandpa's. It was a pretty fun, very relaxing trip for us...If Joe didn't get to touch the steering wheel, drive a little, shift the gears, or turn up the music, our drive would be horrible! He is such a boy!
Pax came to visit us on Mother's Day! I have not seen this guy for such a long time, too long! I'm glad we were finally in town at the same time. For those of you who don't know this wonderful guy, he has been my best friend since 7th grade and remained so until I met my Steve. He is so genuine & comes from such an awesome family. I have such fond memories of Pax, most of them include him scoring me touchdowns (I like to think they were for his favorite cheerleader). So glad I saw you Pax & tell Mandy I wish I could have been at her graduation party!
Joe's vacation included lots of r & r!
His freakin awesome Uncle Ben, who happens to be a genuis at Guitar Hero!
His cool buff Uncle JK! Thanks for laying out and letting me talk to myself!
My friend Erin that I've known since junior high and then shared many great cheer memories with and college memories...not only is she absolutely beautiful, she is one of the nicest people I know. I am a little jealous that she can wear anything she wants and it totally works, but when I go to the same store and try on the same thing I want to scream! Erin I love you! Happy Birthday on Saturday!
My friend Megan that I have been friends with since kindergarten! She is so great and I love that when she comes over it's like no time has gone by at all. Joe loves her too, and was following her everywhere trying to tickle her! Poor Megan, he just kept getting her booty! Hurried and get married so that we can have babies that go to kindergarten together!
One of the pros of having parents that own a furniture business...naps are not a problem at the office!
Cousin Max & Aunt Sammy...Thanks for letting Joe borrow your tractor! He absolutely loved it, even when it wasn't moving! You are the best!
We got back from Valencia Thursday and my sister flew in Friday! My birthday morning started out with a wonderful time at church with my boys and Chels and Ben!
We got to go to the 39th floor of Steve's hotel and have some yummy, small, expensive food. Ben was loving the posh feel of it all!
We FINALLY made it across the bridge. Third time is a charm, time 1 we were too late, time 2 it was too windy, time 3 the guy at the bridge was awesome and let us go! It was a pretty scary walk. You wouldn't think so until the bridge starts swaying back and forth and you look down and see water!
We only had to wait for a few minutes to get on it, and Joe was thrilled if you can't tell.
We walked the pier and ate at Boudin, love that place! Joe rode this little horse in the arcade and Ben took a video that I will have to ask for because it is hilarious...later Joe threw up and if I was any type of good mother, I would have been able to tell he wasn't feeling good by the video!

My sista sista is the best and I'm so excited she could come visit, even though it wasn't long enough! She took such good care of Joe and it was a fabulous weekend! Love you love you love you!

5 comments:

Kimberley said...

Looks like all fun stuff! Gotta love family visits!!!

Paxton said...

Jennifer Rose! You're just about the best ever! I always say how lucky of a guy Steve is, and Joe too! ;-) But I really mean that! It's always great to see your parents! Still some of the nicest people I've ever been so lucky to meet! And I hate to say stuff like this (because it makes me feel so old), but JK and Ben are freakin' all old and big now! I remember throwing them around in your pool back in the day, and now I'm pretty sure JK could throw me across the pool! He's taller than me, and Ben isn't far behind! It was cool to talk to your sister for a little bit on the phone too when she called for your Mom! She definitely thought I was a freak when I made her guess who I was, but she's a Sweetheart, and her guy Ben really lucked out too! Then there's Joe. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a happier little guy ever! He's literally a bundle of fun! And how could I leave you out Piglet! :-) It had been way too long since we finally got to hang out for a bit, but, as always, it was wonderful to see you! It's crazy how people come and go, but you always know who are your great friends! We may not have seen each other much, but we always make sure to call each other and catch each other up on everything that's going on! It's hard to keep in touch with everyone, but when you have such a great friend (like I have in you), you make sure to make it happen! :-D Thanks for always being amazing to me Jen! Can't wait to see you again, and hopefully this time it'll be sooner than later! Much Love!

The Birds said...

Hey you!! It looks like you guys had a great time. I hope your b-day was everything you wished for! Hopefully you got our card in the mail. We love you!
~Chandi

Kera said...

i love the picture of little joe on the bed. so cute.

d said...

gotta love sisters, especially that cute Erry Bear.