Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tuesday Tell All...Summer Memories

I had great childhood summer memories...playing tennis in bathing suits and then running to jump in the pool...hanging out with cousins and family...barbeques and all the good stuff...but this place will always be my number 1 summer memory!
25 years...here we come! Even though I am turning 23, my family has gone to the famous Hotel Del Coronado for the past 25 years. We have seen all of the hotel changes, good and bad. We saw the arcade leave, then the candy shop leave, but it reopened last year(yay!), and the company of family is still the best.

I always took for granted going with my best friend, but now that she is married and far away from me, I will be so grateful for the vacations we will get to go on. hint hint Ben, don't hog her!
I have to tell this funny story about my brother Ben, far left. A few years ago we were driving to Coronado (about a 3 1/2 hour drive) and we were in a Ford F-150...so we could see the bed of the truck. About 2 1/2 hours down the road I think my mom turned around and said we have everything right...JK looked and asked Ben if he put their bag in...To make a long story short, their luggage didn't make it into the truck. It turns out Ben was pretty much walking around playing his gameboy while JK was loading the back of the truck, but every time my dad would walk near, Ben would act like he was helping. You would have had to have been in the car, Ben was pissed, Chelsea & I were DYING laughing because he was trying to act like it wasn't his fault & JK was panicked about not having any clothes. Luckily my sister in law got into our house, which was amazing because my mom locks it tighter than a bank when she leaves, and the suitcase was right in the middle of the boys room, where BEN LEFT IT!
We all give lots of kisses, Max's are pretty good and hard to pass up! We were all dying laughing after he layed this one on his Aunt Chels.
We swim, lounge, eat, lounge, go to the beach, eat, and try to walk it off.
All 28 of us will ride around the island in Surry's...it is quite a site...and at the end we race. My brothers get pretty fiesty and we have had many close calls.

This is my dad's idea of camping...luxurious hotel with the golf channel and a good book. Well, the apple didn't fall too far from the tree, I have to agree with him.
It is so fun for this group to get together and hang out...What a beautiful group of friends!
We play on the beach, make turtles out of sand, bury people, swim, find sand dollars, and chase children.
Notice Steve's hand, he had just found tons of sand dollars with Jack Jr.
We match our kids...not on purpose but it makes for a great photo op.
My mom gives everyone pennies to make a wish...every year...same place outside of Miguel's.

My husband can finally have a break. Love you honey!

We play football at this huge park after dinner.
Thanks mom for taking care of everything to make sure it is top notch!
Thanks daddy for paying for these wonderful vacations and for taking us to the same beautiful place. This is the family, except for Mike and Shuho. O and this summer we will be adding Ben Hudson and baby Ryan. What's so awesome is that we do EVERYTHING as a family. Yes...that's right, this group goes to breakfast, lunch and dinner together every day. The island really has to prepare for us to come into town. We eat at the same restaurants every year and have pretty much the same routine every year. These yummy desserts come to our room with some other chocolates...Not that we need them because every night we either go to the candy store, Moo Creamery, or a gelato place...but they are a great treat!
Hotel Del Coronado is such a nice vacation for my parents to take us on. Most of my fondest memories with my family are from the Hotel Del. The food is yummy, the weather is paradise, and my family is the best!




6 comments:

Chelsea said...

Jen you're so cute. Can I just tell you that I look forward to Tuesdays, so I can read your Tuesday tell all. You are such an amazing mom! Love ya!

Hillary said...

Super fun. What a great family tradition! Isn't family time the best?

Amber said...

Ok, here is how I found ya. Tina and Steve are in the same ward as people we know (Rachel Kirk). I was looking at Rachel's blog.... we were thinking she might do family picts for us. I saw Tina and Steve's blog and there you were.
You do such great posts on your blog.
Also, I love your hair, way cute!

Kera said...

i love the tuesday tell alls :) i keep wanting to do it and always miss it :)

Molly and Kip said...

Ohh I loved those pictures. It kind of made me sad because we haven't had a McKeon get together in years. I am so glad your family gets to do that. Hey I tried to see you!! I hurried as fast as I could back to the store and your mom said I just missed you!!! I had a doctors appt. otherwise I would have come to your house

Chelsea and Ben said...

Ohhhh how I love Coronado. I cannot wait for August to get here, I need a vacation and I need to see my Baby Joe he's getting way too big! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoox Chels