Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I had a wonderful Mother's Day! I woke up and got to go to church with my family and there is just something so great about being at church with my mom and knowing that she'll take over and take care of Joe, so I can actually get something out of church!

I don't have to say too much about my mama, anyone that knows her knows she is the sweetest most caring mom ever. She is funny, nurturing, a great cook, stalwart member of the church, and she is my best friend. Every good thing about me I think comes from my mom, and every sassy and stubborn thing about me comes from her mom. I, myself, feel lucky and think I'm a good combination of 2 wonderful women. Yesterday after church, I got a great nap with Joe and he got me flowers...sweet...We had a yummy feast and did one of my favorite things...watched the Elvis concert in Hawaii...He is so handsome and I love to hear my dad talk about when he would go to his concerts with my grandma.To end a fabulous day, I went with my parents to the cemetery to take flowers to both my parents moms. They are buried on the same hill not too far from each other. I miss my Grandma Rose so much, it's only been 2 years since she passed away. As I was starting to get emotional, as was my mom, baby Joe started patting her on the back, like it's ok...I know something you don't know. It was precious.

We were lucky enough to have Steve's mom, Bev, with us Thursday. It wasn't long enough, but it was awesome to get to have her in the temple with us for Brady's wedding. It was so sweet of her to drive up all by herself for the wedding and to see us. Cafe Rio was so yummy, and her help with Joe was very much appreciated. She is a wonderful woman and I'm grateful to have her to look up too. She must have done lots of things right because my husband turned out to be a fabulous man. Thanks to my sweet hubby for letting me come to my family's house for the week. What a wonderful present! Now, don't think I left him by himself, he has a training by San Jose for the week. I love you sweetheart!

2 comments:

The Norris Family said...

Saw your blog on chelseas! We Love seeing you at Church when you visit! Its such a treat!Its like your back home where you belong! CJ always looks forward to it, even though he wont admit it! Stop by our blog and keep in touch! www.cntnorrisfamily.blogspot.com

Amber said...

Hey Jen- You have such a cute blog. Im glad I found it.... it's a long story how I did. LOL. How are you guys? Joe is such a cutie.