Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Our family loves May!

I wish I would have been more on top of birthdays in my family to wish my loved ones a happy day, but today when I realized it was my grandma's birthday, I realized I wasn't going to let one more slip away.

MAY 13, My grandma Rose was my mom's mom. I love that she was a pro quilter, she loved burnt popcorn, she loved anything having to do with IHOP since she worked for the company for a long time, she loved us, and Keith was her king.

I got my stubborn personality from my grandma and my nose, which sometimes is an ok thing, but most of the time I consider it a flaw of mine. My grandma was at most everything for us kids whether it was a football game, a recital, or dinner, I was brought up with her around. I was sleeping with her the night of the earthquake and she got me to my mom safely. I had a feeling to go to her apartment when she wasn't picking up her phone, and she was there needing help because of a heart attack. When she was living in a nursing home, she got to meet Steve a couple times, and loved him. She made the best root beer floats and had the fanciest jewelry that we could try on. She always smelled so good, dressed classy, had her hair perfectly permed, with her nails done, and gave a lot of sass to anyone that disagreed with her. I love her and miss her dearly!
MAY 12...Max turned 4 yesterday and I got to go to his Car's themed bday. His mom, Sammy, wrote such a cute post about Max, but I will say a couple things about Max. Aunt Chelsea is Max's favorite, but it's ok, because Chelsea is everyone's favorite! Max loves Chelsea so much that when I'm in town, whenever he comes to talk to me, he'll start off by saying Aunt Chelsea...and then give me a big old grin! He is so smart and I love this boy!
MAY 4...My sister in law, Julie, had a birthday and since she never takes any pictures with her in them I had to copy and paste this from her blog. A few things I love about Julie...she is such a great friend to me, every time I'm with her she is so willing to teach me something new, & she drove her 4 kids to see me! FYI...this is the girl that makes the amazing cookies that most of you like when you come to my house

0 comments: