Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tuesday Tell All...Made By Hand

This week we were challenged to talk about something special in our home that was made by hand. Because I'm too lazy to take pictures and upload and post them, I'm just going to talk about these things.
The Christmas before we had Joe, Steve and I decided we needed to cut back on gifts. I understood because I seriously think I should have married Santa Claus. I love to give EVERY person in my family a gift and I like it to be an awesome gift...so to cut back I made these wooden plaques that say Home is Where Your Story Begins. I made one for each of my sister in laws (5) and one for my mom and mother in law and myself. I'm no crafty person by any means, but I loved that I was able to put time and effort into this for the wonderful women in my family. I tried hard to make them match the colors of their houses. I've been to 2 of my sister in laws houses and their signs are up in plain sight. That meant more to me than any monetary gift could have ever meant. Every time I see the wooden sign, I think of my family and the awesome blessing that they are to me.
I also love baby blankets that I have from my aunt Ilene for Joe & from my grandma that she made for me!

2 comments:

THE SHAWS said...

Knight's Ferry is in the foothills of central CA. I grew up in Turlock (about 2 hours inland from here) and it's about 30 minutes into the foothills from there. It's a pretty sweet place. If you guys want to come over and play someday you are more that welcome!

Jill said...

Hey girlie! I had gotten an email from you awhile back with your blog on it - it was a mass email or something...so I've been keeping up all along! I didn't realize I could make a comment without having my own blog. I know, I'm a dork. But I'm so glad to be on here and I miss you guys tons!