Monday, April 21, 2008

Beginning of the week visitors...

YAY! We got back from my parents and had visitors just a couple days after. How cool is this! My sister in law and 4 kids drove from Alpine, UT to San Francisco, CA to see us from Monday to Thursday! So awesome! What is also so nice is that my brother, Tim, let them come! Thanks, we owe you! They were so sweet the whole time, and it was amazing that they came from their huge home in Alpine to our tiny apartment and we all fit and I loved it! We proved that 5 can fit, so if anyone is looking to come to San Francisco and visit, we love visitors!
Next time, stay longer! Right when they got here, I took them to Point Bonita Lighthouse, which we couldn't walk across the bridge because it was too windy, still cool picture. Then we went to Osha Thai for dinner!
While they were here, they did Alcatraz, they we walked the wharf, drove down Lombard, went to Pluto's, Union Square, Twin Peaks, Painted Ladies, Chinatown, Golden Gate Park, Ghiradelli Square...It feels almost like you name it, we did it!
I love her! She is the most patient mom I think I've ever met. She doesn't get mad...period.
We really wanted to do the photo booth things, but I wanted a copy of the pics, so I had Julie take some...1
2...kissy face, or Cass' funny face and Joe's yawn
3...silly face
Cass, I'll do whatever you want as long as I get chocolate! He plopped right down in the store to get some yummy sweets!
Abby just chilling with Mr Chocolate bear
What is up with Joe and freaking statues!
In the car on the way into Chinatown. Thanks for being such good sports about all the driving. I wanted to fit in soooo much!
Joe and his faves that took such good care of him and were SO patient!
I love that Abby was up to do anything that I wanted to do, it made me feel "cool"
Joe really liked the butterflies and wanted to hold them, which I think was a good thing because they got his attention!
Conservatory of Flowers, as we were all sweating because it was soooo hot in there!
Joe on a turtle at the Golden Gate Park, fun park, our first time, really liked it!
Twin Peaks
Ab, Kenz, Cass and Jim at the Painted Ladies. I love Full House and continue to watch it to this day!
Hilarious story that might not seem funny to you, but very funny to us! Abby is a sweet, mellow, intelligent girl that could just live in a different country and people watch and walk through old book stores and just keep learning...so when we were driving she saw this Russian Hill bookstore, and from the back seat, asks sweetly, If we get a chance I'd love to come back to that bookstore. That was her one request, so I thought I had to fulfill it. Later that night, Julie asked Ab if she knew where the Russian bookstore was located. Ab said she didn't but that she really wanted to find it. Steve piped in and said, wow, how'd you know there was a Russian bookstore and why do you want to go there? It was funny because I think he thought she had googled it or something looking for foreign bookstores in San Francisco for her to go hang out at. Needless to say it was Russian Hill bookstore on Polk and I took her by it before she left, pretty sweet bookstore!
Right before they left, I was beginning to get emotional, but then realized Abby would laugh at me so I had to suck it up since I will be seeing them in about 3 weeks! I am so my mother!

My fabulous sister in law, Julie that likes to take pictures not be in them, so I'm glad I got a couple with her. I love her so much! Her family was the best and was up for anything and everything. I think Joe just needed his dad because on the weekend when we went out, he fell asleep in the stroller, and slept through lunch...His daddy is starting to be his best buddy and life is smoother with him around. Thanks for finding a laundromat to do the laundry I didn't want you to do, thanks for all the yummy food, the great help with feisty Joe, the laughs, the soap and lotion, and the memories. Love you so much, see you soon!

4 comments:

LACY said...

SO FUN! I love the pic of Joe on that turtle, too cute. Love the Full House shot too.

Sue said...

This is too fun!! Seeing Julie, Abby, Kenzie, Cass and Jim and Tim this weekend was too fun, I am sure you had a blast. . .can we talk Dad into Coronado more than once a year? So good to be together. Love You So Much, Mom xoxoxo Wahoo, May is almost here!!

Jill said...

Oh my goodness, Julie's kids are so old now! Oh and I love your new hair cut by the way! I miss you guys!

Kimberley said...

SOunds so fun... I am totally going to use them as an example that you can pull off the drive and stay in close quarters... I have been trying to convince my family that it is doable!