Sunday, March 30, 2008

Mr. Incredible & Dash

We had a fun Saturday trying to explore a little bit more of the beautiful city we live in. I pretty much know the Marina, Pacific Heights and a little bit of downtown. We just kept driving, & drove through Castro Street and ended up at this amazing place, Twin Peaks! Bad picture of me, but cute of the boys...Gotta love em! What was great is Steve kept saying how cool this place was too! Score for me!
The boys with the city view in the back. I bet you could see Steve's hotel!
Mama & Joe with the marina and Golden Gate Bridge in the distance. Notice Joe's new Airwalk's that I had to get him, size 5 foot!
Here is where my Mr. Incredible and Dash story comes in! First of all, love this picture of the boys just relaxing together. Ok, Steve thinks this is stupid that I am posting this, but I need to for myself. I think it's hilarious! This morning I wasn't having a good morning: 1. I have NOTHING to wear to church! 2. I couldn't find 1 piece of Joe's toy that I wanted to take to church for entertaining purposes! 3. Joe was starting to get impatient and was being difficult to dress! Steve started saying something, probably like, "you have plenty to wear," or "you look great in what you have on," or "do you really need that toy right now?" I got frustrated and being the crazy wife I am told him to go on ahead and that I'd bring Joe. Knowing he should do what I say at that moment, he left and I ASSUMED he had taken the keys! I left and ran into him in the lobby and he asked if I had the keys. NO! And I locked the apartment! O...Fabulous start to a Sunday morning! This is the 3rd time I/we/he have done this. The first time, a locksmith came and for 15 minutes $125 and the 2nd we were able to hop over our deck from the next door's building...Does anyone know what the word assume breaks down to? Ass-u-me! Figures, so instead of blaming anyone (more than once) I decided to go to church and try to enjoy myself. Well, today Joe made that a little difficult, but I'm still crazy about him. And this is where he gets the name DASH! He managed to dash past everyone trying to get him so that he could play a duet with his mother for the opening and closing hymns in relief society. It should be a calling for someone to tame that boy while I play! So after Steve took the Sacrament, he was going home to try and get in through the back door, which I figured was locked also, but I let him go. After church, I saw him walking towards the building, and thought, Sweet, he must have gotten in! Negative, but I did come home and find these hilarious marks!
So Steve went to our nice neighbors Barry and Roberto and asked if he could hop from their balcony to ours. Luckily, they were home (they live in Argentina and visit about 10 times a year), and let him. No luck with the door, so he leaned from our deck to this pipe? to escape from the building next to ours. Why he didn't just ask to exit Barry's, I'm not sure...When he leaned on it from our balcony, pretty much it caved in...So he pretty much had to jump...It is about a 6 foot high drop, maybe a little more, so I can see why he didn't just jump in the beginning. There is his handprint, don't tell anyone where we live...We could maybe get in trouble
And there is the pipe or whatever it is that is now dented! Wow, my husband must be MR. INCREDIBLE he is so strong...Next time, hopefully he'll realize his strength so that he doesn't crush metal like a soda can! I will admit that he does lift up all of the furniture when I vaccumm and Joe really has started to DASH around the apartment, but my elasti-girl traits have not kicked in yet...I'm still plain old Jen!

8 comments:

Mishlers said...

That is hilarious! I love that he tried so hard to get you all back into the apartment!

Kimberley said...

I'm glad you got in! As for twin peaks- I love it up there but you got a great day- those pictures are really clear that's awesome!

Sam said...

that is so funny...nice story telling. see now you will never forget this day and will always have something to laugh at...nice work Steve!

Jason, Kiersten, Jace, and Livi Bree said...

Sounds like quite the adventure! It made me laugh. Some days are just kind of like that...crazy!

LACY said...

you are hilarious. i love those pics of the city! also yes I did see Jamie and she cut her hair too, so cute!

Ence's said...

That was a great story. I am glad that the day turned out to be a little better and Steve wasn't killed (by you or the drop). :)

Jill said...

Hey girlie! I love seeing your blog. You guys are so cute. I miss you tons! I can't even believe I haven't met Joe yet...hopefully soon.

Brooke said...

hi there, found your blog! I did see him leave on Sunday now that I think about it! How funny...