My mom goes all out on holidays, birthdays, and even Sunday dinners. I was feeling a little homesick since we won't be there for Easter so I threw one here!
My friend, Tami, and I threw an Easter Egg Hunt yesterday with the help of so many of our lovely friends. It was such a blast, and I thought it turned out pretty well. By the picture you can't really tell , but there were lots of bright eggs hidden by the Easter Bunny!
Our morning started by Stephanie doing a drive by to get a feel for how crowded the Moscone Recreation Center was (that's where the party was supposed to take place). She let us know it was PRETTY crowded and that there was a championship game going on. Ok, so do we want to go with plan B, hunt in the church and clean up afterwards...Um, not really and since the weather was cooperating so far, we decided to go to a completely different park. As Tami and I were making sandwiches and getting everything together, we were calling everyone that said they were coming! It ended up being about 20 phone calls going out and pushing the party back a half hour!
Once we got to the park everything went swimmingly. We had yummy sandwiches, chips, drinks and treats. We stuffed about 180 eggs the night before, while Joe helped and made a mess of Tami's apartment! We stuffed with children friendly gold fish and big kid and parent friendly chocolate! Steve helped Joe hunt while I ran around like a nutty mother with my video camera and my digital camera. It was an adorable sight!
Joe was able to get a good amount of eggs but was more interested in what was in the egg. He smacks his lips for chocolate and we were surprised at how well he was able to suck chocolate from the wrappers!
Ryder and Tami, Ryder was so interested in the eggs! He got to sit on the blanket with the babies who can crawl, but would probably rather not on the wet grass. So the eggs came to their blanket!
Sweet Kera and Haidyn, totally not as pro picture as Patrick, but it's cute! Kera talked me into chopping my hair! She is the hair connoisseur as Lindsey would say!
Joe (mouth full of M&M's) and Ryder with their baskets. Neither of them care about the crazy lady behind the camera!
Haidyn and MaKenzie with their eggs and fishies! Haidyn is trying the Joe method of sucking the chocolate out of the wrapper. Pretty in pink princesses!
On the evite, I put that the husbands could play football, basketball, tennis, but most husbands showed up looking as good as their wives! In shorts came Dallas & Steve both on the same wave length to challenge anyone in tennis. So afterward, they played. Jamie, Dallas' wife, ditched me in the cheering section to take home their cute new baby, Caleb, so I doubled cheered for a minute and then decided Joe was bad luck so we left! Sweet in motion picture! Yay Sexy Steve!
I'm hoping Steve won in the end! Thanks everyone for such a fun time! Thanks for all of your help so we didn't have to break the bank!
Sunday, March 16, 2008
I am my mother after all!
Posted by
Jen.Steve.Joe
at
3:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
HOW FUN! Great job Jen!
This looks like lots of fun- I would have loved to join in with my boys!
Ohhhh Baby, You have far surpased your Mother. . .I think the most eggs I have done is 150. Love the picture of Joe and the m&m's! Is he on the airplane yet headed to So Cal? Love you, Mom xoxoxoxox
Egg hunts are super fun. I bet Joe loved it!
Cute Jen!!!
Looks like Steve is in need of a haircut...hurry home :)
How fun! What a fun group of friends you have up there. Happy Easter!
Post a Comment