Friday, April 9, 2010
Love my in laws
I think I lucked out in the in law department. I hit a havalina with my car in February and this is what my father in law sent me. My mother in law came into town and brought me a whole pound of See's Candies, which I took a picture of but can't seem to find it so maybe it will make an appearance later. I love it how they know me so well and get me things that they've actually put thought into, even if it's a making-fun-of-me gift.
A few months ago (since I have been barely keeping up with this blog), I hit a havalina with my new car. It wasn't a stressful day or anything. I was taking dinner to a family in the ward that had just had a baby and Steve was at the church helping the Bishop give blessings. I'm driving down a busy road (I wasn't in the middle of nowhere) and I see a truck with its lights shining into the road. Not 2 seconds later does something literally JUMP into the road and I took it out. It didn't even have time for its little hooves to hit the ground. It was huge and I was an absolute wreck. I watched another car definitely take the last breath from this animal and I was able to get to the side of the road. Both of my kids and my warm dinner were with me. Joe was the one in control getting me to pull over and calm down, yes he is 3 and I am 24...I had no idea what I had hit, for all I knew it could have been someone's dog, child, etc. It was super dark and an industrial area. I pulled up far enough away from it and some people on bikes told me I had just hit a havalina-wild desert pig/boar. Then the person from the truck pulled up and said he must have spooked it when he was locking up the gate in front of a building. I didn't have to stay because it was out of the lanes of traffic now. Thank goodness because I didn't have my license on me, I had a headband for Lynden and Joe was looking all handsome, but no license or purse. Obviously my priorities are in the right place! The stupid animal took off my front bumper and did about $3000 worth of damage. Fabulous! My car has only been in my possession for 2 months and I've gotten hit by a flying construction pylon and a havalina, both not my fault but somehow we have to pay $1000 to get our car fixed. Hmmm...
So my in laws now think I would be great luck for hunting season because I attract wild animals...
Posted by
Jen.Steve.Joe
at
9:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment