July 8, 2010
On my mother in law's birthday this year, I was having a nervous breakdown getting ready for knee surgery. I took my kids to my cousin Jessica's house. She likes to laugh me off, but seriously there is none other I feel more comfortable than to leave them with for hours at a time, especially when we had no idea what to expect. I got checked in and the idiot scheduler booked me for the wrong knee. Luckily they ask you 7 times which knee they are operating on and fortunately I was coherent enough every time to answer the right one. I hope the guy next to me was that lucky, he kept growling at the nurse when she would try to ask him questions. The doctor put his "brand" on my knee and my hubby got there to watch them put the hair cap on, the comfy purple socks on, and poke and prod me. I met the anesthesiologist, got a sweet kiss from Steve, started getting wheeled back, saw the stupid clouds on the ceiling-really people, no one is going to forget they are in a hospital on the way to the OR room because you have clouds on one panel of ceiling!, moved my relaxed body to the table, took 2 breaths in of an oxygen thing and I was out. I woke up to a nasty taste of fruity something and immediately asked for my husband. I was told I was in a restricted area and he would come soon! Yay! I was alive! Hallelujiah! I never said anything crazy coming out of it! I'm pretty sure I did tell Steve though I was so excited for this second chance at life and that I was going to be the best wife ever. He laughed at me and we will say that that is a work in progress, sometimes a very slow work! I guess I had an excess of meniscus. It's supposed to be in the shape of a C and mine was like an oval which was probably causing my knee to pop out, so he cut off half of it and we are "hoping" it doesn't happen again. It better not happen again!
I couldn't nurse the day of just as a precaution from the medication I was on and because of the stuff from the hospital I was coming off of so Lynden got to have her 2 favorite boys cater to her. She loved it and took no time getting used to it!
I LOVE this picture of my 2 sweeties! How incredibly lucky they are to have each other for brother and sister. Lynden adores Joe when he's trying to pick her up, bugging her, playing with her, teasing her, giving her kisses, reading to her, throwing toys at her in the car (usually they are soft), and feeding her. He was helping hold the bottle and her head while she just looked up at him and fed her chunky little face and while I sat at the end of the couch groggy, tired, swollen, and grateful for the help. I told Steve he should feel special because this is the first thing in our whole entire marriage-of almost 5 years-that we have done 100% by ourselves. Usually my mom is right here and if she can't be Steve's parents are. This time because of the craziness of life, we needed to be grown ups. It's been hard, but I think I appreciate Steve even more for it. He's done the cooking, the cleaning and the DRIVING. I've had physical therapy twice a week and guess who has had to drive me and take time off of work and then work weekends as a consequence? Steve. He has pulled through and has really helped out. I thought I was a really lazy person, but I guess I'm a little bit productive. I never used the crutches and haven't stayed down probably as much as I should have. Maybe it's not that I'm productive, I might be obsessive about how I like things done and when I like to do them. Thanks to my sweet friends who have helped out and who have offered to help out. This has been a struggle for me, but luckily this wasn't worse and hopefully I recover fast!



3 comments:
Love all of your new posts! Seriously darling children!
I hope you recover fast too...I know what it is like keeping up with two kids now and holy cow! Your babies are darling Jen.
hi jenn! i hope recovery is going okay!!! i was just catching up on your blog and loved every second of it! u r such a cute girl and mom. we miss you!!!
Post a Comment