Friday, July 23, 2010

Happy 25th Birthday to me!

May 25, 2010
I never thought I would be the type of person to have some type of meltdown about getting older, but this year I did. I'll admit it, I was crabby. I was excited, but I was really nervous about what was going on with my knee, I needed some dental work done, and my birthday was during the week. I hate that because it's at the end of the month so it's always a busy time for Steve and we can't go all out like I would like. After 7 years of keeping my California license I had to switch it in for an Arizona one because it was expiring and I wasn't planning on going to California any time soon, plus with my luck I'd get pulled over. So after living in Provo, Alpine, San Francisco, and now Phoenix, I gave up my parents address for an Arizona license. Bla! Fortunately my kids were awesome at the DMV and that made it better. Also I think I'm so used to having the month of May be an ongoing party. We have 12 birthdays in our family in the month of May and so only celebrating mine has taken some getting used to. Nichole saved the day and threw me a party! Steve saved the day and brought delicious desserts.

I ate almost this whole cake by myself. It was delicious...I do like chocolate, but would pick white cake with strawberry filling 1st anyday
He also got an ice cream cake, mainly because he loves them! Obviously this was the more popular choice :)
Scott & Nichole's dog, Bailey, had 12 puppies a few days before and it was a real treat to get to hold them and get our puppy fill. Joe loved all of the chocolate brown ones. It made me want one for him, until I remembered they grow.
Nichole, me, and Jamie. I love these ladies!
Joe still wanting to hold whichever brown puppy that isn't eating
I loved the golden ones!
A few days later, Steve and I went to The White Chocolate Grill in Scottsdale. It was yummy and fun to hang out and laugh about how old we are, even though we aren't, but it feels like it! Thanks Nichole and Scott for watching our kids. You guys are awesome!

1 comments:

Ben and Chels said...

Oh my goodness, the cakes look delicious!!! Especially the ice cream one :)