Friday, February 19, 2010

Valentine's weekend

After making the sugar cookies for Joe's preschool, I made red velvet, vanilla, and cherry chip cupcakes for Steve's work. The finance department is a bit smaller here than it is in San Francisco. There are pretty much 9 of them here :) with the randoms that would walk in to get some. Hope they were hungry!
Here is daddy with his little cupid girl and cute boy after work
We got a BIG smile from her for the camera
Saturday we went to Jed and Aubrey's to hang out and for Aubrey to do my hair. Tate wanted Lynden closer...
Gave her a little foot massage...
And we got them both looking at the same time! What cuties!
We chopped off lots of Joe's hair so we could start spiking and try something new. Thanks Aubrey! We love you!
Total stud muffin!
We got Valentine's jammies, well the kids did. I just happened to have some laying around! Here is our future heart throb and our little love bug. Holidays with kids are so much more fun!
Sunday for church we were ready in our hearts, red and pink! My friend asked me the week before to give a little speech about tender mercies and to watch for them in my life during the week. I made a little analogy on how tender mercies are like chocolate chip cookies. You can never stop with one. Once you notice these sweet blessings are flowing in, you would never say, ok I'm blessed enough I don't need anymore. Just like with your favorite treat, you don't just stop with one. :) I can never stop with one of Julie's chocolate chip cookies, nor can I say no to them so I made every lady in the ward 2 and wrapped them up with saran wrap and cute little ribbons. 140 cookies later at 1:30 in the morning, Steve was not too thrilled to be helping, but was a good sport. I loved sharing my experiences on Sunday because I was able to have a bunch of tender mercies that week and since I was paying attention to them, I saw the abundance of God's love in my life even more and was extremely grateful. Here is the talk The Tender Mercies of the Lord by Elder David A Bednar. It is one of my favorites!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing! Cute mom, wife and friend:)

Kera said...

you are such a great baker! can i please have your recipes!!! i STILL crave those peanut butter rice crispy things. heaven!

your little Lyndon is ADORABLE, and i can't get over how old Jo looks!

time flies.