Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Joe's 3rd Birthday party

We got back from Utah and I was planning on doing Joe's birthday party the weekend we got back, but the weather was supposed to be pretty bad so I postponed it to the next weekend. Joe had a really bad cough when we got back anyways so it was probably better to put it off a little bit, but my invitations were already made so they looked great when they actually went out with all the info changed :) We were having it a park and last minute I changed the park, so I had to send out an email! Will I ever be prepared or on top of life again?! Here is Joe stuffing his own pinata! He was hilarious saying, "Mommy, can I have 1 for my mouth and 1 for my truck?" Lynden loved watching him!
Here are Joe's friends enjoying pizza
Ang giving me advice on getting my babies to sleep, she has pretty much perfect babies the second they are out of the womb
O weird, Joe is not with his friends, we had to ask Uncle Ben to go hang out with him and keep him company!
Hitting the pinata with a soft bat, it took a few rounds to break, luckily we had no tears because everyone got lots of turns
Waiting very patiently for the candy to come out
My parents, JK, and Ben came into town for the weekend. It was so nice of them and we loved having them here.
Uncle Ben and Lynden were good buddies
Here is my attempt at being a crafty mom. I made 2 9 x 13 cakes and broke and stacked and frosted and cursed and almost cried and ran to Wal Mart about 4 times after my initial trip hours before the baking started! My mom and I were up laughing so hard until after 1:00 am while frosting was dripping we were trying to catch and oh my goodness it was frustrating! I got a second wind at 9:00 am and tried to fix the cake...It didn't turn out like the picture in my head, but my mom and I decided that I could post a picture of it because at 1 am it was not blogworthy :)
No candles would light because of the wind so we pretended
Grandma read to Joe, played trains, planes, cars, balloons, and pretty much anything Joe wanted to play. We love her so much!
Lynden was pretty pooped after the party. It's exhausting being so dang cute!
Joe was ecstatic to open presents, pretty much the only part of the party he really participated in
Nap time for Uncle JK and Joe
Me and Ben just watching football and waiting for my dinner to be done
Joe's buddies: Kyle, Joe, Parker, Taylor, Kena, Kiera, Jackson
Mom and Dad with our 3 year old, I know I say this every birthday and will probably continue to say it, I can't believe we have a 3 year old!
Me and JK, I almost look tall in this picture. I must have been on my tippy toes
My cute friend, Jamie, that I absolutely adore. We never hang out because she hangs out with her mom and I lounge around all day, but when we do hang out I always get a good laugh. She's sweet and genuine and I'm feisty, but have really good intentions so it works out well.
Wish Scottsdale wasn't so far from Goodyear so I could live the good life by Jess and it would be a party all the time!
My friend, Ang, from San Francisco that we have tons of fun hanging out with...if we only didn't live a few mountains and freeways away! Let's go swim once it gets warmer, and maybe when I feel comfortable putting on a cover up!
The guys enjoyed a round of golf at the JW
While Ben entertained the kids while Jess and I shopped. I owe you for your help Ben! Lynden loves Uncle Ben's kisses, she gets them frequently
Can't wait until you come back! We love listening to your cd and Joe frequently asks to listen to Uncle JK and Uncle Ben's song while he dances in the back. Steve likes it too, so it was a win win for all of us, right? Love you guys and love that you made the trip out here and ate me out of house and home!

2 comments:

Ang said...

We had so much fun at Joe's party! However, I do not have perfect kids - just ask my therapist. j/k :) Love you guys!!!

Tyson and Courtney said...

Um wow. The cake you made is utterly amazing! What a fun little party, we're so sad we couldn't make it. We'll have to get together soon!