Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Joe's 1st field trip

I've always wondered if I could just walk into a fire station and say, "Excuse me, but my son LOVES fire trucks, could you show us around?" Luckily, I didn't have to look like an idiot because I'm sure every little kid goes through a fire station phase. Miss Wendy planned a field trip to a fire station and I don't know who was more excited, me or Joe. Afterwards, we went to the park and look who found the mock fire truck
Joe scored a sweet fireman hat, fireman ruler, fireman coloring book, and firetruck pencil
It takes him about 30 minutes to warm up, unfortunately, we didn't have 30 minutes to get comfortable. I know he is enjoying this, he's just acting like he's not
He's telling me to stop taking pictures of him
Sweet Lynden fell asleep in my arms and stayed asleep for most of the park time too
I forced Joe to stand on front of a firetruck for a picture so he'd actually look at the camera, but no smile
Thanks Jillian Michaels for teaching Joe and I how to punch!
Miss Wendy with her 4 year olds and 3 year olds. Both of her classes got to go, so fun!
Joe was VERY focused while squirting the hose, he even twisted the handle and the poor kid, Ian, got a cold surprise!
Jamie took the boys up and on the bridge to the ladder, which was thoroughly enjoyed by all! Thank goodness Parker didn't get left out!
Almost there and excited to be so high up all by himself
Joe with Fireman Matt! Such a fun day and an extremely nice fire station. All the firemen had their own room, dorm style and it was a pretty big station. Now I won't have to go beg for a private tour!

0 comments: