A couple months ago, we found an AMAZING deal on flights to Utah and Steve suggested we go to Park City for a couple days with his parents. I was all for the trip because it meant I got to see my wonderful family that lives there and some friends I haven't seen in awhile. When we got there, Julie came and got us. We got to their house where I had Abby try on her Preference dress for us. Loved it! Look how beautiful my nieces are!
Jimmy was such a good sport and let Joe throw snow at him for awhile...You can tell which one lives in Utah :) Julie made homemade pizzas, breadsticks, and my favorite cookies...I aspire to be like her one day! We spent the night there and enjoyed DELICIOUS Kneaders the next day for lunch. Julie then took us up to Salt Lake to meet up with Steve's parents.
Shelly came to visit and meet Lynden and see how big Joe had gotten.
I love this girl! She is one of my bestest friends ever! We were roommates um...6 years ago and still keep in close contact. She is like a big sister to me and always has looked out for me. Can't say enough about how wonderful she has been. Thanks Joe for taking the picture!
Here's Bev, Steve and Brad ready to hit the slopes for the day. Joe was a little annoyed that his dad was stealing grandma for the day.
Random story, I got to hang out with my father in law for the day. I couldn't have asked for a better companion to help with the kids. I absolutely adore big Steve. I can talk to him about anything and usually I end up talking to him about everything by the end of our time together. He probably thinks that it's weird that I love him so much, but I just do! Anyways, he said I could go shopping and he would watch the kids in the car at the outlets, but I just wasn't in the shopping mood. We were driving past beautiful homes in Park City when I mentioned my cousin lived in Park City and I always wondered where (I've only been to Park City 2 times, I don't know why we didn't go when we lived there.) My sister went above and beyond to find Shawna's address, thanks Chels, and found where we were and then gave us directions. It took about a good 20 minutes out of Chelsea's studying time and we found her house. I ran up to her door and luckily she was home! She is so cute and her home is gorgeous! She let me take a tour which was super nice since I didn't even warn her I was coming. It was way better than shopping!
We were going to take Joe tubing, but missed the off ramp so we took him outside at the hotel to play in it. He was just as thrilled. Once again thanks Julie for the pants, gloves, and beanie.
He turns into quite the little attacker once he hits the snow. Here he is pummeling his dad with snow balls.
My cute boys playing in the snow
Joe was told he could have an apple juice for one more picture...Like Steve's shiny things on his jacket?! I don't know why I have no pictures with Brady, Lacee, Meka, or Beckham but we had a fabulous time eating out with them at Noodles and Company and Cafe Rio, and playing Sequence which Steve and I won every time :)
On Sunday we went and saw the Draper Temple. It was so beautiful! Little did I know my son was on his way to having a HUGE sugar rush from eating a ton of donuts on the way up to the temple. I just figured, powdered donuts he's had them before no big deal! Well on the way to Cabela's I learned what a big deal it would turn into. He had the biggest come apart I think he has ever had. I was almost right there with him when we were getting out of the car!
And windy, but still beautiful! Thanks dad for the St Andrews scarf, I finally got to put it to good use!
We took Joe to Cabela's where he got to feed fish...
look at fish...
some more fish...
and tons of big animals! We also had fun shooting and trying fudge. Thanks grandma and papa for coming to see us in Salt Lake!
Joe randomly wanted to have a dance party in the basement for Abby and Cassidy and once he found the light saber he threw that into the mix! It was hilarious! He didn't stop dancing for probably 20 minutes and I'm wondering where he got most of his moves!
Steve got to go skiing again with Julie and Jimmy and we hung out with Cass. We took a walk to Hogi Yogi and got some lunch. Cass was a good sport to hang out with us, especially since there were some little cuties that walked in that she knew! We tried not to embarrass her!
Cass is the best babysitter/helper/napper/buddy that Joe was so sad to have to leave. Thanks for taking Joe for the weekend!
Our last night there, Chandi, Preston, Madalyn and Cassidy came to visit. I love these little cuties!
I miss the teaching days with Chandi (kind of, I'd rather be at home with my cuties), but sometimes I miss teaching. Chandi is in the last home stretch of her pregnancy and is having a boy! Yippee!
Whit and Kevin came to visit also! Can you tell Joe is thrilled to be in a picture?! I love them, they are such a cute funny couple!
Here Aunt Julie loving on Lynden! Lynden is a pretty good baby, but she does really like me right now so going to someone else doesn't last for too long and they usually have to work to entertain her a lot harder than I do.
My sister in law is amazing. She is a role model of mine. Not only does she juggle having 4 kids and their activities, teaching a little girl, taking care of a monstrous house, cooking fabulously, loving my brother, having a life, she also took us in for this trip. She found the time to drive us around, cook us delicious meals complete with yummy desserts, take care of our needs that we forgot or didn't have room for, and let me talk her ear off about everything under the sun. If I ever moved back to Utah, she would be the #1 reason on my list of why I'd go. Love you!
O yeah, she also celebrated my 3 year old's birthday better than I did! Started off the morning with donuts and presents! He was a little shocked by the direct attention and was trying to ignore us singing to him, plus he was woken up early for us to get on the plane. Jim and Cass had to help him blow out the candles.
Here is the birthday boy complete with his yummy breakfast and red plate! I was soooo sad to leave!
Here is our exhausted boy at the baggage claim area. He fell asleep on the plane. Steve carried him and a carry on to the baggage claim while I carried Lynden's car seat and his carseat and my diaper bag. We were a sight to see. He stayed asleep in the baggage area, on the curb waiting for Steve to come get us and for 2 1/2 hours at home. He parties hard and then sleeps it off! Whereas our little girl had a HUGE HUGE blowout the second we sat down on the flight. It was a major project to change her in the row! Luckily we could laugh about it and luckily I had my husband with me to help! She was ok on the flights, but was a little fussy for about the first 20 minutes. She'd cry off and on and I was a little stressed, but she always feel asleep quick. All in all, it was an awesome trip! I love seeing our families and I love when Joe gets to be around his cousins and have play time!
Friday, February 5, 2010
Trip to Utah
Posted by
Jen.Steve.Joe
at
12:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
You got a lot of fun pics! So glad we got to see you guys! Just wish you wouldn't have posted that pic of me - ugh! But I do LOVE that one of you and my girls. Could you email it to me? Thanks!
~Chandi
Ummm can I say BUSY GIRL!! You are amazing to get all of that in during just one trip!! Congrats to you and your fam. for being so efficient!!Looks like you guys had a blast...I sure miss Utah!!
Post a Comment