Thursday, February 25, 2010

Joe at 3 and 1 month

I don't do very well on the month to month or even the 6 month updates so here is one: Joe at 3 years and 1 month. We had a doctor appointment a few days ago and Joe did great. He's measuring at 36 3/4 in and is weighing 32 lbs. He didn't have to get any shots today, but didn't like it when sister did. We blew bubbles in the afternoon and played ball with Ady.
I LOVE that Joe still takes a nap at least 5 days out of the week! I love even more his sweet little lips and stealing kisses is a lot easier when he's sleeping.
Joe is tracing all kinds of stuff in preschool. He likes to count, sing, read, and play. He memorizes stuff really quick. I'll read him a book and the next night he will read it to me by memory. For those wondering, he still LOVES pirate's booty. Getting this kid to eat is like pulling teeth, but he is a wonderful sleeper, a great talker, and a sweet easy going boy so I guess he can't be perfect all the time! He gets along with pretty much everyone, but sometimes his feisty side comes out and I remind him where/who we are and he usually shapes up. He loves to help and he is loving his daddy. He told Miss Wendy he would like to be a basketball player when he grows up like his daddy. Today he told me he would like to be a fisherman and tonight he told Steve he would like to be a drum maker. It's a good thing he has a while to decide! We were walking home today from Wal Mart where I dropped off the car to get an oil change (it's pretty close to our apartment building, but a stretch for little legs and mom's with diaper bag, car seat, etc) and we walked in a side gate. He picked which one he wanted to go through and I had to unlock it. He was amazed that I unlocked this gate. (We've never come in this way, so maybe that's why) He said, "that was so cool, dude. Mom, you are so smart! I mean, really so smart for knowing how to do that." I love that this kid thinks we can move mountains as parents. I love him and am mainly thankful that he is patient with me.

1 comments:

Chelsea and Ben said...

Joe is too cute for words! I cannot wait to see these 2 in April... & you and Steve of course!