I started my baby in preschool last week! There is this cute lady in my ward, Miss Wendy, and she does it right out of her home twice a week. I usually don't do very much here in Phoenix so I knew I'd be able to commit to 2 mornings a week, until I realized how early it was! We have a hard time getting up and going by 9:00 so Wendy gets to see me in all my morning glory :) The first morning when I left him, he was holding my hand SOOO tight saying quietly with little red eyes (but no tears), mom, you are NOT leaving me, you are NOT leaving me here...This little boy named Eric walked up and was trying to take his hand, which freaked Joe out even more, and said really nicely, yes, your mother is going to leave you for preschool :) The first time was a little traumatic for both of us, more for me, but Thursday was fabulous and he is really excited for tomorrow.
I asked him to show me the backpack. This was a challenge for me, Steve and Joe to pick out. I don't really like characters so I was the mean mom saying no to Elmo, Diego and Batman. Batman was almost ok with me, but I wanted a Jansport one to which Steve said, Jen, get real it is bigger than he is. There is no way Miss Wendy is asking for that many supplies. So we found a good middle, a Transformers backpack. I like the colors and it isn't too overwhelming and it holds everything.
Here is his cute little desk with his picture on it to help him remind him where he sits. It reminded me of the good old days teaching with Chandi :) and the cute kids we had in our class
Here is right before the 2nd day, much more happy, much more excited and looking pretty handsome already to go see Jessica (Miss Wendy's daughter.) Here are to 2 1/2 hours 2 times a week I get to exercise, shower, or just hang out with little miss Lynden and my son gets to have some friends besides me!
Monday, February 1, 2010
Joe started preschool
Posted by
Jen.Steve.Joe
at
9:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
He is so cute! I love the part!
How exciting. What a handsome boy. I can't believe he is in preschool!
so cute. i am starting carter in joy school next week too. i can't believe our babies are 3!!! here's to some free time:)
What a cutie! I don't know if I told you how darling your Christmas card/ baby announcement was. Thank you so much for sending us one. I was so excited to receive it.
He will love preschool and so will you- eventually! He looks so grown up!
Joe is too cute for words! I just want to squeeze him:)
I love Preschool! Its so good for them and nice. That I can spend time with me and Grant
Oh, he is just too cute! I love his little desk too! Glad you have a few hours to devote to "girl" time now. It does make for a nice break - for everyone involved! Give him hugs from us!
~Chandi
Joe is so cute! That is so fun he is going to preschool! Cool backpack too!
Post a Comment