Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Some December happenings

Early in the month we went to see the Mesa Temple lights with Jess, Jason, Kiera, Dorian and some of their friends. They were BEAUTIFUL! Although when we went up to the manger and were explaining to Joe about baby Jesus, he looked at us and seriously said, "This is a little bit weird." I'm obviously lacking in the mother department. Whenever we talk about Jesus I haven't really differentiated between baby Jesus and grown up Jesus. It was a cute not rude statement though and opened my eyes to know how specific I need to be.
Joe at the temple doors asking if he could go meet Jesus (the grown up one)
These camels and wisemen were so cool! Here is how simple it is to get Joe to look at a camera these days :)
He found something he loved, A TUNNEL, but still no looking at the camera. Thanks guys for the fun night of Cafe Rio, temple lights, and ice cream!
We also went to the train park to see those lights also with our friends the Mishlers. They go all out for Christmas. We went the night after the lights went on and it was so crowded so we went back on a weeknight and got to ride it twice.
Here is Joe ignoring the camera again
I bribed him with treats to get this smile by the enormous Christmas tree. I love our little family!
I walked in one day and Joe is strumming Steve's golf club like a guitar. Normally he knows not to touch dad's golf clubs, but I guess he thought that since he wasn't swinging them this would be ok. He has on a hat that Grandma Bev gave him from Disneyland that he has grown out of, hence, the slick backed hair. He is such a cutie and this is a normal attire for the day, but the shirt is a bonus because usually it's just underwear. Love you buddy!
Here is our little princess just being mellow. She is a pretty good baby. She loves to smile, especially at Joe. She can scream though, usually when I'm getting her dressed. She loves her bouncy chair, being rocked, watching me make dinner, and watching anything Joe is doing. Maybe soon he will be more interested in her :)

2 comments:

Sue said...

So great to have Jessica and her cute family in AZ with you!! Thank you for taking your family to the Temple for Joe to enjoy, we did that when you were small and I remember you after one visit the next morning saying "Does the angel stand there even when it rains?" Angel Moroni, keep them close to the temple. Love you Mom xo

Anonymous said...

Cute pics, love the one of you all by the tree! Just booked a flight to Phoenix on Feb. 23!!! Can't wait to see you guys again!