Throughout the day on the 15th and 16th, I had a few contractions but didn't think very much of them. With Joe I had major back labor which was HORRIBLE so I wasn't exactly sure when the normal contractions were coming, but on the morning of the 17th around 7:30 I was pretty sure I was having them. I was super uncomfortable so I got up, took a long bath, packed up some stuff, got Joe's stuff ready, ate some breakfast and waited until my boys woke up at 10:00! I didn't want to wake Steve up because it was the weekend and he had a really long week at work, plus with Joe I was in labor went to the hospital but wasn't progressing so I got sent home for a few hours and I didn't want that to happen again. At 10 I called my fabulous cousin Jessica and told her I thought I was in labor and would be calling her back in probably 2 hours...Steve called her back in 30 minutes because I could no longer speak on the phone :) We rushed out the door ( I think I was crying in this picture and having a contraction) We had to get gas, next time we will be more prepared and then arrived at the hospital around 11:35. Jessica met us there to get Joe and the little cutie was so sad that I was in so much pain. Cute things he said before I left, "mom I'm sorry you are hurting, dad hold her hand NOW, I will miss you, and I love you!" They wheeled me upstairs since I could BARELY move and Steve waited the 3 minutes outside until Jess got there, pretty much the most amazing girl...got to the hospital which was 40 minutes away right after we got there. I got into a bed to be checked about 11:45 and they told me I was dialated to a 7! And I thought, holy crap, I am not getting an epidural...and then everyone started RUSHING around. I got into a delivery room at 12:00 and at 12:05 was told I wouldn't get the epidural in time. It was going to take 15 minutes and she would be out before then. Since I had never been to this hospital it was taking time to get my labs done and the stickers for my bloodwork printed out. At 12:06 they asked if I would like to start pushing, I said no, but I guess my body said yes. The nurse handled things like a mid wife would and was a great coach. My poor husband and I were in SHOCK plus I was hyperventilating so I couldn't feel my hands, they were numb and hurting, so Steve got the...hold my hand, don't hold my hand, help me speech! At 12:07 I started pushing and she arrived at 12:17 pm. I wasn't even at the hospital for an hour and the doctor who was on call didn't get into the room on time and just walked in to cut the cord and deliver the placenta. Crazy is the only word I can use to describe it! The nurse was fabulous and I didn't even tear. I also felt very empowered and couldn't believe I was still alive since I don't do very well with pain.
Here is the proud, shocked daddy
Here I am once we made it to my recovery room and got her from her bath/warming time
My wonderful mom flew in Saturday evening and Jess picked her up and they came and saw me. Our aunt and uncle are here from Canada at their condo and came and saw us. I think I was still in shock :) and forgot to take out my camera and will have to get their pictures. It was a bummer, but because of the flu and swine flu NO children are allowed in the hospital not even siblings so we didn't take very many pictures while there
Here she is! Very alert...we got to have a party all night from 12:30 until 8 with a 2 hour cat nap :)
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Labor and Delivery...Beware!
Posted by
Jen.Steve.Joe
at
8:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



20 comments:
Congrats again! She is absolutely perfect. Such a beauty.
And um WOW. No epidural? Wow.
Wow, no epidural and you still look amazing! And I love the name. Congratulations! Can't wait to meet her!
You are my hero! I can't believe you did it natural and you were so fast. I thought I was fast, but you put me to shame. You look great and she is adorable. Congrats!!!
My heart rate went up just reading your delivery process! Wow! Boom, boom, boom... talk about no time to think. You didn't have time to get worked up! She is absolutely adorable! Many congratulations to you, your body, and your little family.
What an amazing awsome story! Your amazing!
You have got to be kidding me-no epidural?? That blows my mind. You are AMAZING! and she is one gorgeous little one. And I love her name. I'm so glad she's here safe and sound :) Congrats!
YOU'RE AMAZING!!! GO JEN!!! I can't believe that story! You must have been in major pain! But good for you! Now you know that you can do it and say that you gave natural birth, which is crazy! She's absolutely beautiful, and you of course look fabulous! Congrats!!
Way to go tough girl! I am so proud of you! That is awesome! And she is adorable!
I am so happy for you, I am glad you at least made it to the hospital too. She is beautiful and you look fabulous! Congrats!
She is beautiful and so are you! Congratulations! Your delivery sounds like it went a lot like mine. Are you kind of glad you had that experience? You are amazing! I am so happy for you.
She's absolutely adorable!
Congrats! She is a doll! She looks so precious! I am so happy for you and that everything went well! You look great!
You look WAY to good. She is beautiful. :)
Jen she's BEAUTIFUL!!! I can't believe you went natural. WAHOO for you. I think I would have a nervous break down. You look great. She looks like Joe in the picture of her enjoying her new home. Congrats again that's awesome!! Girls are fun I can already tell shes going to be one spoiled thing:) XO Brady and Lacee
Ha! I've been waiting for a post to see more pics! She is such a cutie! Enjoy her, and let me know if you need anything when your mom leaves!
Oh Jen, she's SO sweet! I love Joe's pink cape - he is too cute too! You have such a cute little family! I'm so sad I'm not there to give you all hugs- you'll have to give her tons of kisses from me! Love and miss you~
Chandi
Oh, and I LOVE her had and big bow!!!!
wowowowowowow! Great job Jen!
She is BEAUTIFUL! We are so happy for you guys!
She is so cute jen...and i am so proud of you that you already have the bows on!!! Good job!!! You look great too! Congrats!!!
Post a Comment