Sunday, August 30, 2009

Joe love


I haven't done a post in forever about Joe or what Joe is up to. Here are some stories that I think are funny:
* A few months ago I made cupcakes for primary and it was pretty darn hard for Joe to see those frosted and sprinkled deliciousness sitting on the counter and him not being able to have one. He kept asking politely and I kept saying no politely because he hadn't even had breakfast. I was in my room doing my makeup and Steve was in our room getting ready. I hadn't heard from Joe in a couple minutes which is unusual and I said Joe...no response...Joe...no response. I start walking down the hall to find the bathroom door shut...and locked. I said, "Joe, please open the door!" To which he responded, "no, only daddy can come in." Getting frustrated I found a tape measure to unlock the door and found him walking backwards toward the bath with a cupcake waving his hand at me and saying, "no only daddy can come in!" and licking the frosting as quick as he could!
* A few days ago I found him in a corner trying to tear open a 3 Musketeers candy bar and suck out the chocolate...Are we sure he was not meant to be my mom's?
* On our way home from our most recent trip to Valencia, we passed the state prison and I was telling Joe about it. He said, "mom, I could help the people learn to be nice to every chother." Sweet, out of the mouths of babes.
* We were supposed to go to St George this weekend and because of car trouble, an overly emotional and pregnant wife, and work duties we decided not to. Joe was packed and ready to go so we told him he could have a fun sleep over with us. We were laying in bed, he puts both arms under mine and Steve's neck and says, "we are best friends." Yes, Joe we are!
* Tonight, Steve asked if we wanted to go on a drive. Joe SO excited to get out of the apartment, was rushing to get shoes on. I told him to go to the bathroom before he left and when he was done I watched him grab a barstool and take it in to the bathroom and heard the sink go on. Sweet, he is washing his hands, I thought! I all of the sudden hear and see handfuls of water hit the ground. Steve jumps up and I start laughing. Joe is saying, "daddy the water just started spraying everywhere! It's spraying everywhere!" He is cleaning it up with Steve and walks out to show me how wet he is. He was trying to do his hair to go bye bye with his dad! He could only get the front so I'm assuming that is where the splashing started because the left side of his shirt was soaked also.
* At this point he LOVES going to see family...He talks about visiting Chelsea in Texas frequently, going to California to see Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle JK and Uncle Ben, going to see Grandma Bev and Grandpa Steve, and going to papa's farm with the chickens.
* He can sing I Love to See the Temple, I Lived in Heaven, I am a Child of God, Popcorn Popping, Daddy's Homecoming, Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam, I am like a Star, and thanks to Chelsea he sings, Best I Ever Had by Drake, and I'm Never Gonna Dance Again...
* Today we were driving to church and he said, "mom turn around real fast, I forgot my tie."
* He just spent a week with Aunt Chelsea in Valencia and would NOT leave her alone. She was his favorite person around. He would dance with her, sing with her, have her swim with him, dress him, change him, sleep with him, help him eat...etc. Everything had to be done with Aunt Chelsea. She let him get away with it all!
* He wanted to be just like Uncle JK and Uncle Ben, wear cologne like them, wear boxers like them, and swim as fast as they swam.
* Joe is so much fun and says the funniest things. We are loving every minute we are spending with him and are enjoying what a good toddler he is being, hopefully for us it is not the terrible 3's!

3 comments:

Ben and Chels said...

Joe is the cutest and funniest boy I know! I miss him already and cannot wait til he comes to visit me in Texas! Love you Joe!

Amber said...

He is such a cute, and so well behaved.

Sue said...

does he drive himself to church? just kind of independent like you know who!!