Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Friday...tons of pictures


Friday and Saturday were non stop days for us. We woke up Friday morning and went to the famous Merichka's. It was so yummy! Everyone gets these delicious poorboy sandwiches-cube steak and swiss cheese on a great roll with garlic butterine...love them! I have been craving them since we got back and so Steve and I made some and they turned out pretty well. Here is everyone at lunch.
We only have Uncle John missing from this picture. Unfortunately the lady behind the counter couldn't take a picture without the camera shaking so the ones on his camera came out fuzzy. Right after lunch, Jamie took me, Bev, and Andrea to Gap. She works for Gap in Texas and oh my goodness all I can say is THANK YOU Jamie! I had a fun time shopping for our little baby and for Joe...Steve on the other hand probably wishes I would've stayed home!
When I got back, this is what was awaiting me! Uncle John is so awesome and when I was there last time (7 months pregnant with Joe) I asked if I could go shoot something. He was the only one who would teach me and take me seriously...I wonder why! He was the one who knew me the least :) I got to shoot cans and bottles and easy stuff...This time he sent his wife to get me clay pigeons. Here is my little story about clay pigeons. I figured since I am still on shooting easy stuff that these were pigeons made out of clay that he would put in trees so it would look like they were still and relaxing. Wow, did I have it wrong! When he told me they were disks that actually fly through the air I died laughing thinking he was crazy. Here are my warm up birdies that are hanging from the tree. I hit both of them after A LONG TIME of warming up and then was on a roll.
Doesn't it look like Uncle John might be loading a gun to shoot me? Just kidding he was super patient and we had a few good laughs.
Here is my bullseye board and I did hit the bullseye and got closer to it than my husband ever did :)
He does look pretty sexy shooting though
Then over to the clay pigeon area...Brad-pro hunter, Will-pro hunter, me...if I didn't hit one then the boys got to shoot.
FYI, we were aiming for the lower 2nd one that you can't see ...
Steve, Jamie, Steve, and Brad...the siblings minus Mike-love you Mike!
These guns were freaking heavy...I only shot a few times and hit 2 I think, little intimidated by Andrea (Brad's girlfriend) who is pretty much exactly like Brad but female...great match!
Steve and his dad went down below to challenge themselves and have Will shoot over their heads...don't think they did very well!
Will challenging the boys! OK the clay pigeons were supposed to be mainly for ME so I could shoot something that was moving...There were about 300 and I shot at about 10 hmmmm...I think I would have gotten to shoot at more but Uncle John had to leave because he was having a huge family dinner at his house about an hour later! His wife is so nice! Steve would have had to be home all day to help me!
My cute boys all ready for the din din party
Joe saw people taking some pictures and wanted to be in some himself...Here he is saying cheeseburger
I love you Joe! I don't think you could be any cuter!
Joe saw this little girl and thought it was his cousin Gracie and he was all about meeting her...Once I introduced him to Kristin he would not leave her alone and she stayed with him for most of the night.
Wyatt, Luke and Joe walking around to see the 4 wheelers...without any parents and got caught :)
Jamie and I and our little photo shoot. I won't post all of the pictures...We were trying to see which husband could get the best shot. It was kind of hard with me being so critical of my big belly and Jamie being so critical of herself because she closed/squinted her eyes in most of them!
Love love love this man!
Joe came and asked if he could feed the fish. I was freaking out because I had no idea how he knew where the food was, that it was fish food, and I was hoping he hadn't already overfed the whole aquarium. Luckily Kristen told me she had shown him earlier! Phew! Maybe he will have fish for pets? He doesn't run when they come swimming for food!
Me, Kristen, Katie, Jamie, Megan...best helpers EVER! Joe loved hanging out with them and now that we are back he has said...where is my Kristen? my Katie? my Megan?
Steve, John and Aunt Ann
Aunt Ann and Steve, I love this picture!
Joe showing everyone his muscles, thanks grandma for watching him!
This was the last one, but I was too lazy to move it farther down...Can you tell Joe had absolutely HAD it with taking pictures and would not look for 1 more!?
Family picture courtesy of John, thanks Joe for the extra neck fat from squeezing so tight!
Here are all the cousins...minus Sherry & Mike who is serving a mission in Minnesota
Here are the kids from the cousins...Anne, Ryder, Porter, Luke, Wyatt, and Joe
Here are the cousins, spouses, and kids...it's been a family tradition to take a picture on this tractor
And we got a Steve & Bev Jurca family picture on the tractor before Joe hid.
Such a fun day!

0 comments: