Navy Pier had a Thomas the Train ride and Joe got to drive the train with this little girl, who he kept calling "lady" after the ride was over, and I think I almost enjoyed it more than he did. He did ask a few times though, "mom, can I go ride the train with the lady again?"
It was my 3rd time to visit the family in Chicago and we finally made it downtown! O my goodness...isn't that sight just wonderful!
Here are my boys on the ferris wheel that takes 7 minutes to go around so hope you do ok with heights since you are barely moving!
We took a picture on the anchor at Navy Pier...even though Joe wanted a picture by himself, we snuck ourselves in
Brad and Andrea came along for the quick city trip...it needed to be quick with Joe's attention span and quicker for Brad's :) He is not a city person!
Here we are at the end of Navy Pier. We made it to Navy Pier and we were going to go to the Sears Tower also but because of the time issue I chose H&M instead...I know I might have my priorities a little skewed, but I wanted to at least see some of Michigan Avenue and this H&M is 3 stories! Incredible! Steve parked somewhere that was $17 per hour so I was SO pressed for time and we made it out with 2 minutes to spare. I was hurrying with my bags, and my son who only wanted to be held by me and luckily we made it, otherwise I'm sure I would've gotten the look from my husband for the price going up!
When we pulled into the city, I almost started crying...yes I am emotional and pregnant but it just reminded me of the hustle and bustle of the city and how much we miss it! Yes it was expensive, and our apartment was small with no washer and dryer, but I was never bored and it was so beautiful! We had the best most supportive friends and I have been horrible at keeping in touch but I miss them all tons! If you can tell, Phoenix is not my favorite place! After seeing downtown I was sold, I told my hubby let's move here next! Someone asked me if I knew how cold it got there during the winter, and I was like um...yes do you know how hot it gets here?! Hopefully I can post the last 2 days tomorrow because they were filled with more family activities prior to the wedding, but I am too tired tonight!
Monday, August 3, 2009
Thursday...our downtown day!
Posted by
Jen.Steve.Joe
at
11:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
We miss you too! :( We were just looking at pictures of Kenzie and joe at Halloween and Kenzie kept asking "where joe go? lets go see Joe"
Post a Comment