Saturday, January 31, 2009

Kena's Birthday at the Zoo

For Kena's 2nd birthday-day we got to go to the zoo with her, sweet! I don't know if I already blogged about this, so I will tell this story again. Here is Kena and Heather riding the camel and since Kena is honestly 2 to the day, she was allowed!

Joe on the other hand wasn't completely allowed to and his mother told a little white lie to get him on one.

We first walked up when we got there and the lady said, "hi how old is he?" I didn't notice the sign that said, children have to be 2 to ride. I thought she was just trying to make conversation and I said, "he's almost 2," to which she replied, "I'm sorry, but because of insurance reasons I can't let him ride." To make a long story short, on the way out of the zoo the lady was gone, I knew the right thing to say now and snuck my "2" year old on a camel ride that we were both glad only lasted 2 minutes, but at least we can say we've ridden a camel. It kind of sounds exotic and unique, right?


I love these 2, and most of the time they love each other, except when Joe is trying to take her binky, blanket or instigate her, but don't most boys do that to girls they like? Sorry Kena we are working on it!
Kena coming out of the fun cactus slide
Thanks Ben for being such a good sport and helping Joe out too! I almost couldn't get him to go down the cactus slide because he has been taught that cactus' are oowies so he was VERY cautious until I gently threw him down :)

Ben's a fun character to have around, Steve & I sure enjoy the Mishler's company

Hoping Joe doesn't dive into the gross water, he got to hold my hand. Love you kids, happy 2nd birthday Kena!




0 comments: