Before we left for St George, I had to take Joe to the train park that I had heard about from a few people. It is so close to the resort and Joe loved it. There was an actual mini train that we got to ride and a carousel and then a bunch of little play sets with slides and tunnels and swings. I had a fun time with Joe, he has been such a sport driving around to different places and living in a hotel for awhile.
We got to St George the on the morning of Christmas Eve at about 2:30. On Christmas Eve, Steve's dad always makes coconut shrimp and fries. It is delicious! Joe and Harrison got to taste the first batch of french fries and Joe was thrilled with that. Harrison is such a cutie! He called the first morning we were there and pretty much requested that Joe come over as soon as he woke up! Nice break for Steve & I since Steve left the Christmas shopping until the last minute! Also on Christmas Eve day at 1 Steve got to go play basketball with some of his high school friends. I love that he still talks to a lot of them and that they all have such fabulous wives for me to hang out with!

Christmas morning Joe was spoiled with a capital S! This was such a fun Christmas to shop for because even though he might not completely get it, there were so many fun toys for this age. Grandma Sue and Grandpa Joe got him a sweet basketball hoop that Uncle Mike, dad, and Uncle Brad built and then tried it out (to make sure it was sturdy :)), Grandma Bev and Grandpa Steve got him a trike, and Santa brought him his horse Patches. He has a cowboy book and the cowboy just happens to be named Joe and his horse is Patches, so he found his match. He got lots of clothes, shoes, and books. Lucky boy! He was a little hesitant at first but with some cheers and support, he got right into show off mode!

Opening cars from Grandma Sue & Grandpa Joe and looking at awesome books from Aunt Marlene & Uncle John. I was so glad he opened ALL of his presents since I was up super late wrapping them!

Here was my FAVORITE surprise. I couldn't find a thing to get my husband for Christmas. He doesn't ever say anything he wants, and when I ask him what he needs he says nothing. I usually have gotten some help from my dad, his brother Mike, or his best friend Brady. When my dad was here the week before Christmas, it came up that he got an unreal deal on a set of irons from Sport Chalet. We are talking almost free because of sales, coupons, and gift cards. It then came up that he had a set of irons just laying around in the garage, barely used, and fairly new. Anyone who knows my dad knows that he goes through golf clubs like they are going out of style. He is always switching them out and he was ready to switch these out with lots of begging! And there started my secret mission...We called the amazing Cannon family at about 8:00 pm who were seriously leaving for Utah the next morning. They happened to have room for a set of irons so I then called my brother Dan interrupted his date and told him it was an emergency to go to the house, get the keys from the neighbor and get the clubs and deliver them to the Cannon's asap. On the way to Utah they stopped in St George and met up with one of my greatest friends Tami who picked them up and kept them at her place until I got there a couple days later. Imagine getting this plan under way in a hotel room during a weekend when my husband is around. Kind of crazy, lots of secret text messages and phone calls from my dad talking in code to see if they were there yet only added to the fun. When Steve went to play basketball I headed over to Tami's and picked them up. Because I was on a time straint I couldn't spend as much time with her, but thanks for joining in the mission Tami! You are the best! Thanks Erin for keeping me updated on the family's timing! Steve seriously had NO idea they were coming. I love seeing his face when he gets something he really isn't expecting, and then seeing the disappointment because it was snowing and freezing in St George on Christmas! Luckily he got to play 2 times while we were there and he used the words "pure" to my dad when describing the clubs. Thanks dad, you are so wise and I'm so glad I married someone who loves the same things you do so we can get your hand me downs!

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!
0 comments:
Post a Comment