Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Joe!

Our sweetheart turned 2 today! For Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle JK, Uncle Ben, Aunt Chelsea, Uncle Ben, Uncle Jack, Aunt Sammy, Maddie, Emily, Jack Jr, Grace, and Max...this is a preview of what Joe's face looked like when he was getting sung too. He ABSOLUTELY LOVED the attention and for a couple he demanded an encore! For Aunt Chandi, Uncle Preston, Madalyn and Cassidy this was his face as he listened to your voicemail! I loved it that some of my close friends called to say happy birthday, and even remembered it with their busy schedules! Joe loved it!

Here is just 1 picture taken while Joe was "making his wish!" I will post more pictures later of the festivities, but because it is late and I'm exhausted I just wanted to write some stuff about our baby!

Where have the past 2 years gone?! You have lived in Provo, UT, Valencia, CA, San Francisco, CA and now Phoenix, AZ. You have been such a trooper! You couldn't have been a better addition to our family; teaching us what it is like to have a little bit of heaven in our lives. We love your feisty and stubborn side that you unfortunately got from both parents, but you couldn't have any sweeter of a heart, and are always talking about who you love and who loves you. We love it that you talk a mile a minute even though sometimes we have no idea what you are saying, except that it is important. We can't get enough of the jumping, running, skipping and bum drops. It isn't our favorite that you still barely eat and have your mother's picky genes or that you sometimes put us in our place and talk to us like we are the children, slowly nodding your head and speaking slower like...do you get it now? You are our best buddy and are wonderful for me. I love trying to see the world through your perfect eyes because everything seems so much more exciting. We are so grateful that Heavenly Father blessed our home with such an amazing little spirit. We love you Joe!

12 comments:

Chelsea and Ben said...

Oh my goodness that is the sweetest little face I have ever seen. Wish we could have been there! xoxoxo

Jill said...

What a cutie. Happy Birthday Joe!

Hillary said...

Happy Happy Birthday Joe!!!! We sure miss you. Can't wait to see all the pics :)

Amber said...

That is so cute, his little face. I cant believe how old he is. Time flies!

Sue said...

This boy looks more like his Dad everyday!! What a handsome guy!! I think he is like his Grandpa Joe when it comes to birthdays and Christmas. . .life gets no better!
Love you, Grandma (see you soon)xo

Brooke said...

wow! happy birthday Joe! love the cute little smile on his face!

Benjaman and Alexandria Brown said...

Wow that was a really fast two years! Happy Birthday Joe!

The Price Family said...

Joe is such a doll. Hope he had a happy birthday, and thanks for letting us come hang out with you guys at the train park. Kiera had a blast with you guys! I certainly understand how time flies, how I wish we could slow down time to enjoy our babies more!

Chelsea said...

Happy Birthday Joe! You are too cute and your little personality melts my heart! I hope things are going good in AZ!!

Rachelle said...

That is so fun! I can't believe he is 2. What a cutie. I love the picture on the phone. Happy belated birthday Joe.

Becky said...

He is so cute! What kind of cake did you make?

The Birds said...

You did it - you totally made me cry by posting that picture of Joe smiling while we were singing!! I love you!!! He is absolutely too cute for words. Give him hugs and kisses from his Aunt Chand!!!