Today I realized our car needed an oil change, we drive obviously way more here than we did in San Francisco, so I put Joe in the car and took him to Wal Mart conveniently 2 minutes from where we live. They told me it would take about 40 minutes (I figured as much), but was wondering if Joe would be ok to shop for 40 minutes and let me peruse the store. Not only did he let me shop he was so sweet to me the whole time. He would stand up in his seat while we were stopped, give me a hug and tell me if there was something on that aisle that he wanted. The main ticker came when we were looking for cheese for his quesadillas and I asked him, Joe am I a nice mommy? He looked at me, started nodding his head, tilted it a little, opened his eyes wide and said mommy princess. I started laughing and said did you just call me a princess? To which he replied yes. Hilarious! We watch Finding Nemo and pretty much nothing else because he is still not interested in TV so I don't know where he got that word! Steve is convinced I've told him, yeah right, it's my husband that should think I'm a princess, I haven't taught my son to think that! It was so sweet, it melted my heart! I love him so much and can't believe he will be 2 in less than a week. I love my boys!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Precious Moment
Posted by
Jen.Steve.Joe
at
10:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
You have such a darling little boy, what a precious memory! Although I dread my baby growing up, stories like that make me excited for him to be able to talk to me someday! By the way, I LOVE the new blog background. So cute!
He's such a little stud! Ok since we couldn't get together in AZ, you have to call me next time you're in California!!!
We love and miss Joe!!! He's such a cutie. On our way to church last week Carter kept saying, "Joe, Joe." It was so cute. You guys are surely missed. Oh P.S. I am so jealous you have shopping 2 minutes away. I look forward to that someday :)!
Um adorable! And yes, you are a princess. Sarah still points to your old apartment building and says "Joe. Jen." We sure miss you guys.
You will ALWAYS be a princess...you've inspired me to try to keep our blog more up-to-date. think I need your help to UPdate it, though!
XOXO
Julie
I know where Joe got that princess phrase from...your mom ALWAYS refers to you as "Princess"! So he was probably imitating his grandma!!!! What a cutie...Hope to see you soon!
I love Joe! When is he coming to visit Houston?
so cute!
Oh, talk about melt my little heart!! What a sweetie! He knows how to work the women already!! Give him a squeeze for us and we wish him a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow!!!
xoxoxox
Chandi
Post a Comment