Friday, January 2, 2009

Random St George fun

When Steve was done golfing one day, he was getting dropped off at Jumping Jacks. I went to pick him up and we took Joe into play with Morgan for a couple minutes before one of Mike's going away parties. Morgan is such a cutie and the boys had a ton of fun doing bum drops together.
I couldn't love this cutie anymore. He was having such a fun time doing it by his "self". We would say with us or by yourself and he would say self and then fly down these huge slides.

Love his hair in this one! Steve took him down the first time and the rest he was on his own and kept saying again again. Fun, fun thanks Jake & Morgan!
Steve's Aunt Jill, cousin Becky and her husband Kenny came down from Provo for Mike's farewell. Bev is pretty into running and hiking and biking and if she ever invites Steve and I we kind of just laugh it off. It's not that I don't think I could do it, I just really don't have any desire to do it. Since family was in town, Bev brought up going on a hike Monday morning leaving at 8:15 am, ha ha ha, I don't even get up until after 9. Bev was saying she just didn't think I had the confidence to do it, and I was like really truly and honestly that does not sound fun to me at all. Whatever Steve ended up getting out of it and since Brad's girlfriend said she would go, I as the daughter in law had to go! Thanks Andrea!


Here's us before the hike, me, Andrea, Bev, Carly, Kenny (behind her), Savannah, Harrison (in front of her), Becky, Bruce, Lauren, Jill. Another reason I didn't want to go, Bruce is superman. When we went to Canada a year and a half ago, Bruce talked me into going on a "moderate" hike. To keep a long story short, he read it wrong, it was a strenuous 6 mile hike. I had Joe who didn't want to be held by any one else, or fed by any one else screaming in the woods. He was 9 months old and I was a wreck, I had to put being a mother before being nature woman and walked 2.5 miles back down the mountain by myself with him. When I got off the mountain I could barely walk, my arms were jello. Did the hike even phase Bruce? Probably not, he went on another one the next day! I think he is the coolest uncle and such a blast to be around, but I am always wary if he is involved in any adventure!
I thought this was a cool sight, red rock and snow, don't see that very often!

Me and my mother in law at the top, she kept turning around asking where I was! At the back socializing, I was not going to go back and hide in the car :)
It was a very pretty hike and I was glad I was invited, thanks Bev!

My group up the mountain and down the mountain, Andrea (Brad's girlfriend) and Lauren (wonderful cousin) Thanks for the walk girls, the lunch and the Krumpet's trip!

We came back to Arizona Tuesday night and I need to give a shout out to the best packer/manueverer ever, my husband! I cannot do Christmas half way and since we didn't have a home this year I made Steve take all of Joe's gifts to his parents. On the way there we had his parents Envoy and it was packed as much as it could be and on the way back we had our little escort. We even contemplated buying a car while we were there (we need one soon anyways since public transportation isn't an option here), but we didn't want to rush into it. I didn't want to leave anything because I hate feeling like my stuff is everywhere and somehow some way Steve fit 4 suitcases, 2 temple bags, 2 bathroom bags, a basketball hoop, a trike, a horse, golf clubs, Joe's toys, my Krumpet's bags, my Christmas presents, Steve's Christmas presents, 2 laptops, and 2 bags of books into our car. Remember, we have been living at a resort since November! That is why we have so much stuff and we left some stuff in Steve's office for a week. I can't believe he fit it all in! What a smarty I married! Thanks honey for trying to keep me happy and sane during our move! I love you!

3 comments:

Hillary said...

I'm super impressed Steve. Wow.

Andrea said...

I'm so glad you're on top of this and all those fun pictures of our hike. thanks. I'm glad you guys made the drive safe and I hope all is well.

LACY said...

Way to go on the hike! I am with ya on that one. I also wanted to tell you THANKS again for making us dinner! It was so good. That was so nice of you. Good luck with the car hunting. I know you'll be just fine ;)