When Steve & I sealed the deal, I knew I was getting the best husband, but I was also very aware I was getting the best father in law I could ask for. In the short 3 1/2 years Steve and I have been married, my father in law has taught me some great things.
He let me come out with guys to go shooting while we were in Chicago and he thought my first pose of holding the pistol was hilarious. I don't know that I will be able to live that one down.
After 5 minutes of very patient teaching, I was pretty experienced :) and I enjoyed myself. Who would've thought?
I am not joking when I say this, I am 100% serious. I almost didn't marry into this family because my Steve told me his dad's family had a tradition of cracking walnuts with their forehead during the holidays and that I would HAVE to do this if I wanted to be accepted. I called my mom in tears saying I don't ever think I could do something like that, I get headaches, that doesn't sound fun to me, his family hasn't accepted me yet and this will make it worse..bla bla bla. Thanks for the great family tradition that I will not be trying Steve!
Steve is up for anything, for his and Bev's anniversary they just went repelling! I totally trust Brad because he is a genius with outdoor stuff, but let's just say I'm glad they made it out without a scratch!
Awesome cook, coconut shrimp, french fries, fatty fried french toast, & steak are a few of his fortes. He always gives me sweet jobs to help him along the way like making secret runs for crazy ingredients that need an ID and a person over the age of 21...Beer battered shrimp, delicious!
He was there hours after Joe was born with the camera all ready to go, luckily I was able to get in a shower and some mascara, but the pictures are still horrendous, hence they will not be on this post.
He can't get enough of Joe, as long as I change the diapers, good deal to me!
Joe loves his grandpa! He has been there for every major event so far in his life, day 1 of his life, his blessing, daddy's graduation and a couple major holidays!
When mom and dad's arms go to jelly from holding him so much, Grandpa takes right over and entertains him so we can get a break. Steve is a wonderful example of what a husband should be. He is super doting to his wife and is always right there to help out whether it's a little tidying up, hanging up pictures, being a handy man, fixing a car, or just keeping us all sane.
I know there were a ton of pictures, but I'm a picture girl. I love my father in law and the legacy he has made for himself so far. He's a convert to the church and actually joined the church through a high school friend. He moved from Chicago to Utah and met Bev and were married. They have 3 sons and 1 daughter. Two sons have gone through the temple, 1 served a mission, 1 is on a mission, and 1 has been married in the temple. They did a great job as parents along the way. Steve always has great advice and is super calm. I think my Steve got a lot from him that I am grateful for. He is helpful like his dad, passive, gentle, and sensitive. Thanks for making my marrying into your family so easy. I don't think I could say enough about how great and generous you have been to us. You will never understand how much I appreciate you. We love you tons and hope you have a fabulous birthday, card is on the way, but I guess it's ok it's late because you aren't there!
Friday, January 30, 2009
Happy Birthday to the Best Father in Law!
Posted by
Jen.Steve.Joe
at
5:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I totally agree! You married into one amazing family...you lucky girl!
I just love Steve, he's so great!
Hey Jen,
Your father in law sounds like a great guy! How is arizona? Okay...so I was looking at your pictures and I totally thought you must be pregnant! It took me a few minutes to realize that the picture of you holding the gun was from when you were pregnant with joe! I was really excited for a minute there...and upset that you were showing that much and hadn't told us :o)
Great pictures and what a nice post! I loved seeing you shooting a gun with a pregnant belly and that newborn Joe is adorable!
Post a Comment