I was soooo excited to go to a pumpkin patch with Joe. I kept bugging my friend Hillary & her daughter Sarah to come with us. The night before we went, I was so excited I could barely sleep. Pony rides, train rides, pumpkins and a petting zoo! Awesome! I couldn't wait to see how Joe would act around all the animals and activities. This picture was at the end of the day and Joe was having a heart to heart with the ponies. They were at a good distance.
Joe: Hi mom!
Me: Hi baby!
Me: Hi baby!
Joe: Mama, hand
Me: Does your hand have an ouchie?
Joe: No, hand
Joe: No, hand
Me: Do you want me to hold your hand?
Joe: Yes, hand
Joe: Yes, hand
And that was it, driving down Mission St with my arm twisted to hold his little hand I thought this is what my mom has meant when she said, "life gets no better than this." He held my hand the whole way to get Steve and if I started to adjust he would patiently take my hand and get the perfect hand hold before getting comfortable again.
Never did I think 50 cent rides at the mall would be amazing, or that a pumpkin patch would be so exciting, or that the first time down a big twirly slide would be like conquering the world, but I guess when you are seeing it with your own child, it does mean everything.
Joe really likes reading about horsie's and saying neigh, so of course I thought he would love riding the pony. He liked talking about it and waiting to ride, but that was the extent of it. Getting all buckled in, you can tell he is rethinking this big boy pony thing.
One time around the circle, if you notice his hands are in his lap, he refused to hold onto the reins/saddle, but he is still acting content. When I got his attention for a picture, the eyes started to water, lip started to quiver, but still no crying...tough boy, then he tried leaning off the pony. Hillary and I tried to reaffirm him and luckily the worker took him off soon after. I was very proud, that has got to be kind of scary for a baby, and he did way way better than he did with Santa Claus, so I couldn't be any more proud.
Thanks Hillary and Sarah for the company! We love you guys!
*****************Can someone tell me how to get my picture centered at the top? That will bug me so bad if I can't get it figured out!



5 comments:
Hey Jenn! Your little boy is so adorable. I see you guys are moving to AZ. If you need any help with anything, let me know. We're in Mesa right now.
Ok that hand story was so cute. Your little Joe is just the cutest.
Joe is getting older and cuter every day! I can't wait to see him.. and you guys! haha just kiddin. That story was adorable. He is the cutest! Love ya, Chels xoxo
love the pumpkin pictures!!! okay, I have the same problem with my top picture! it is not centered and it bugs me so bad! let me know if you figure it out! :)
Cute boy! Remember these days!
Post a Comment