Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Yes on Proposition 8

Wow, what an interesting time to be living...what an interesting time to be living in California...what an interesting, sometimes crazy and scary time to be living in San Francisco!

I have learned very recently more and more what a sensitive topic this is. I, probably along with most of you, have friends and an uncle that are gay and I am trying not to be offensive.

After some careful thinking, researching, and praying we are voting Yes on Proposition 8 to protect and restore traditional marriage. Here are the reasons why:

Strong, stable families, headed by a father and mother, are the anchor of civilized society. "Marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God and that the family is central to the Creator's plan for the eternal destiny of His children"-The Family: The Proclamation to the World

Marriage is something that I hold so sacred and am blessed to have had the opportunity to be married and sealed to my sweetheart for all time and eternity. As much as I am concerned for how I would be affected with Prop 8 not passing, I am more concerned for the children of the next generation. Psalms 127:3 says, "Children are an heritage of the Lord." Children are our most voiceless and vulnerable society. I couldn't believe when I was watching this video about a class of 5-6 year olds attending their teacher's lesbian wedding. They are just sweet children, not old enough to know yet.

Our decision has nothing to do with being against homosexuality, we are trying to protect our family from what repercussions might come if Proposition 8 doesn't pass. Things have already happened concerning freedom of religion and public school in other states that have legalized gay marriage. Please vote Yes on Proposition 8!

Here are some helpful websites:
http://protectmarriage.com/
http://preservingmarriage.org/

F.A.M.I.L.Y
FATHER AND MOTHER, I LOVE YOU

2 comments:

Sue said...

All I can say to this is fast and pray, miracles happen. . .Love you

Molly and Kip said...

Hey,
Thank you so much for that letter, I really appreciated it and was grateful for it. We actually on Saturday went sign waiving and about 4 people said some really horrible things to us. That letter just made me feel really good what you said. It is an interesting time to be living in. I guess all I can say is hold to the rod!