Joe had a check up last week and here were his stats: 22.2 lbs and 2 ft 6 3/4 in. He was a superstar throughout the shots and was even able to have a little beach date with some of his friends right after. Usually when he hears Sarah's name, he is all smiles and will put on a happy face.
Something new about our happy boy is that he goes to nursery! He has no choice, Steve and I recently got called in there. He loves it and is pretty good. He likes all the toys and loves to walk around and see everything that is going on. Last week at church, I was trying to show him where his dad was as he was preparing the Sacrament. I thought, great Joe will like to watch his daddy and hopefully he'll be quiet. Nice going Jen! He quietly was whispering daddy, daddy, teve...He got off my lap and acted like he was going to see some of our friends and bee-lined it for the stairs up to his daddy. Sacrament meeting pretty much went down hill from there, but it was cute of him to try and be with his dad. Joe has 15 teeth! 7 on top and 8 on bottom! Today Joe and I went to the park and for the first time he actually went down the slide by himself, pushed off and everything. I didn't just toss him down it! I was so proud that it clicked and that he wasn't scared, I could've started tearing up, but I had to remind myself I was at a very crowded public park. It's amazing that such a simple thing can melt your heart when you're a mom. I'm in awe at the little things he is able to do every day. I'm always asking for high fives or the rock for every little achievement and I feel so blessed to be entrusted with this sweet son to raise and teach. He gets very excited when I start singing the itsy bitsy spider and he now does popcorn hands. He brings Steve his shoes and socks and tries to help put them on. He loves to be a helper. He is a very picky eater. I was making him a quesadilla last night and snuck some corn (like 2 corn pieces) and black beans (like 2) in his quesadilla and he ate around it and handed the "different" part back to me, like yeah right mom! He has this car that his friends Kena & Ryder got him & he gets into it & says bye bye as he is waving to me. I'm not that into that achievement! Aunt Chelsea will be dropping him off at his first day of preschool and kindergarten so that his mom won't have to say bye. He is the cutest peek a boo player there ever was and is thrilled when someone finds him. Steve & I are having the time of our lives with our boy!
Friday, June 27, 2008
Joe-loves
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Cutest boy EVER!! I love that first pic!
He is his father to a tee with his mother's blonde hair!! Beautiful Baby Joe. . .I Love You Grandmaxoxo
That is seriously all he weighs?! Our little one is already heavier!! Yikes, she better start walkin' soon. ;)
What a little hunk!
Post a Comment