Happy Father's Day!
I feel very lucky to have such a wonderful dad. I don't think I fully appreciated him until I was out on my own. I learned that all he ever wanted for me was the best life had to offer. He is such a hard worker and is a good provider for our family. I really love that he does not give advice unless we ask for it. He doesn't pry into any of his childrens lives to find out what we are doing and why we are doing it. If we are about to make a big decision and ask for his input he will give it, but not until it is asked for. I love that he married my mom and although he already had 5 sons, he had 2 more girls and 2 more boys. I love that he loves baby Joe and that he loves Steve. He is such a smart business man and is our Pro Joe! I love that no matter what I always knew I could ask my dad for a blessing and he would drop anything to be there when I needed him. Whenever I have been preparing for a talk or lesson and have had a little question, my dad literally pulls out books and volumes of things for me to read and I have more information than I needed, but he makes it so interesting. He is respected by everyone especially the boys that he helps coach football too. Years later there have been men that have come back and their sons are now on the football team and they rave about my dad. I am proud to have him as my daddy! I admire the love he shares with my mom, they are such a good example! We love you!
Steve's dad is amazing. He is so sweet and patient. I appreciate him making me feel so welcome into the family. He is so strong and is the only member in his family. Steve has raised a wonderful family in the gospel and started off right with a temple marriage to his sweetheart. He makes a great coconut shrimp dinner and can fix about anything he needs too. He would give the shirt off his back to any of his kids that might need it. He is such a great grandpa. He has taught his children about hard work and how to work. Steve can not be replaced, he is such an amazing administrator at his school. So far he has taught me to try to ride by the seat of my pants. Since I am such a planner of the littlest things, this has been a hard one for me, but it is a frequent way of living at the Jurca home. He is very funny and takes great care of his wife and home. We love you big Steve!
For my husband...I took him to Monterey for the weekend as a surprise from me and Joe. Working for Marriott finally paid off, we got a trip! I got Steve a tee off time and while he was golfing Joe and I saw some deer, up so close!
We watched a boat race
We went to the beach, where in order for Joe to play in the sand, he insisted that his shoes stay on...funny and kind of weird. After the beach and ice cream he fell right asleep in the car. Since I didn't want to go back to the hotel and have to valet park and get him out, I drove to a bookstore bought The Host by Stephenie Meyer and parked at the beach...It felt amazing! I didn't know if the trip was more for me or Steve. I haven't gotten to read and relax in so long! Thanks Joe!
We went to a cute little Island Steakhouse Restaurant in Carmel, and unfortunately Joe started wheezing and not being able to breath very well. We took him back to the hotel where he didn't improve at all and at 4:30 this morning drove back to San Francisco so we could give him a breathing treatment. We knew that if we went to a hospital it would take 4 hours whereas just going home would take 2 and we would be at our own home. We will do the aquarium next time, which will hopefully be soon!
My honey standing outside Pebble Beach...finally he has seen Pebble Beach, Spanish Bay, Poppy Hills, Cypress, Spyglass, and a few others that Mike (his brother, amazing golfer) hasn't seen yet. The drive was beautiful and Steve was so excited!
Happy Father's Day! Thanks for being such a wonderful father to our baby! Steve and Joe are so cute together and they act a lot alike. I really appreciate Steve's help with Joe. They have started to play ball together and it is very entertaining. Joe is so lucky to have such a great example to look up too. Love ya! Hope you enjoyed your surprise!
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Happy Father's Day!
Posted by
Jen.Steve.Joe
at
11:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I love love love Pebble Beach, Heidi and I were right where Steve took the picture by the clock! Ben needs to see the area now, it will give me a reason to go back to! xoxoxo
p.s. what's the news on the Vegas trip? And I already talked to mom about her taking Baby Joe so now you have no excuses not to go! Yay we're going!!!!
Way cute post! What a fun trip!
I'm so glad you guys had so much fun! It looks like it was perfect except for little Joe's breathing. Poor guy.
We recognized the clock too Chels. . .fun times, great times, love our family. . .looking forward to more. xoxoxoMom
Post a Comment