Monday, October 11, 2010

Overwhelmed a bit...

So lately I've been feeling overwhelmed by a lot of stuff. I haven't been able to decide if it's just because I must have been a super lazy person premarriage (sorry sweet parents) or if I might have hit a really busy point in my life. I thrive on being a mother to the sweetest 2 I could have been blessed with. I love being a wife to a very easy man to get along with who day after day tries to provide a good life for his family, while also being a family man. I was called to be on the enrichment committee in May and because of trips and summer (everyone leaves Arizona), the first one I helped put on was in August and I loved it! We started preparing for our super craft day and I get called to meet with a bishopric member. I was stressing about it big time wondering what it could be. I was asked to be 1st couselor in the Young Women's Presidency. I said yes without even knowing what it entailed because, quite frankly, I know I can love the girls. How time consuming can it be?! Holy cow, I have seen my September and October calendars fly by like they do in the movies where the tear offs just float into thin air and the months just keep flying by. I'm teaching 2 crafts at the "Friday Frenzy" which has probably added to my stress. I want to still be involved in Relief Society and since this was already planned, I kept on going. Besides mutual and church meetings this month we have a corn maze trip, a temple trip, Presidency meetings, board meetings, and a HUGE Saturday trip coming up with an organization that I think works with the Make A Wish Foundation and we are helping with a train ride to Wickenburg the day before Halloween. Steve and Lynden's birthdays are this month, plus Halloween, I am starting physical therapy again because my knee is still being a pain, chauffeuring Joe back and forth to preschool, trunk or treats, Melinda will have us scheduled for visiting teaching and I know this is silly, but football season is in full swing! So is this really overwhelming or am I just a baby?!
I'm loving it by the way and am learning more of what I'm supposed to be doing every meeting. I love busy life which is most likely why I loved the city life.
Did I mention I'm still trying to be a good mom, wife and homemaker?! :)

3 comments:

Valerie said...

It IS a lot- it IS overwhelming. I've been there (still am!) but you are superwoman too, and will figure it all out. This might sound preachy, but I've found if I pray and do my best to magnify my calling, the Lord helps me in the other areas of my life.
Oh and accept help. So call me to watch your kids. Seriously. Or whatever you need.

Ence's said...

I feel the same way. My presidency calling has me busy as well. I am not sure if I am getting anything else done, except Primary. :) Which explains my lack of blogging.

Kristen said...

hi jenn!!! i am relating to this post so much because i am in YW as the first counselor too!!! and i feel so many of the same pressures and i also LOVE football season!!! too funny! it's nice to know someone relates and i felt like i could've talked to you for hours after reading your post. miss you girl!!! p.s. we haven't talked in so long- did you know i'm pregnant?