I know it was only almost 3 short years ago, but I have completely spaced on what to take to the hospital...Please leave the no-brainer items I should take and also any thing that you might have taken that you found were helpful or just nice to have. Thanks!
Also we need to buy another car seat since we sold Joe's in San Francisco, any input there would be great. I'm looking at the Peg Perego, Chicco Key Fit, Graco Snugride or Graco Snugride 32 (not sure if there is a difference besides weight capacity) Thanks in advance!
Monday, September 28, 2009
Help Please!
Posted by
Jen.Steve.Joe
at
12:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
A must for me was, Lanolin for your sore boobies (sorry if thats TMI), and a new born pacifier.
Good luck! I cant wait to see picts of the little baby girl
Wow, she is going to be here so soon! The countdown is officially on!
MUST BRINGS TO THE HOSPITAL: I would have to say, your husband and a brand new big bow...you want to make sure she gets a good welcome into this world and nothing could do it better than her Daddy and a brand new bow! The hospital has everything else!
I love our Peg perego! That is my vote, but hey I am no expert!
I got the snugride 32 for Jordyn and I have liked it so far - there is no difference beside weight capacity for the snugrides, Kenzie just outgrew her weight limit in her other car seat before she was tow so I had her monstrous toddler car seat facing backwards.
I know this sounds kind of silly, but I was talking to someone who brought a little sound machine to the hospital and I thought that was genius. Anytime the baby next door was crying I would pop awake and then couldn't fall back asleep . . . but I am a light sleeper. Also, slippers are nice, I am always too hot in bed for socks and its nice to slip something on when I am walking around the cold floor.
We have a snugride car seat, but looks like Sadie is going to grow out of it pretty fast. I would definitely get one with a higher weight capacity if possible. I have friends who love the Chicco.
Things to take to the hospital - make sure you take all of your toiletries. It feels good to put some makeup on - especially when you are going home. Take some comfy clothes if you don't want to wear the hospital gown the whole time.
Jenn- Congrats! How are you guys! I just did some catchin up on your blog, I can't believe little Joe is so big and about to be a big brother! I thought Jenny Gurney's post a few months back might be the perfect answer to your plea for help! http://whyyousaidthat.blogspot.com/2009_05_01_archive.html Good luck and can't wait to see pics of the little one!
Take a mini shampoo and conditioner--I had to use baby shampoo and no conditioner last time, haha. Also, go for the Graco snugride 32--we LOVED our Graco, but they didn't make the bigger weight option when we bought it, so we ended up having to buy Steven a convertible car seat so he could still face the back when he was too heavy for the infant seat.
ok, it was a surprise when auri came, and I wasn't ready at all! so my #1 thing to have is Maxi pads!!! the hospital ones are soooooooooo bad! and seriously, trying to send someone out to buy the kind you prefer is a nightmare (they always mess up!)...
oh, and a camera!!!! Oh, my friend made a list of things she wanted photographed and she got all the pics... baby with ink feet from fist prints, you and hubby holding baby, baby getting weighed, etc. she gave a copy of this to the nurse and she really did get the best pics... soooo jealous!
I got a new car seat for Jane too...I had a Graco with Morgan and hated it, so this time around I bought the Chicco Key Fit 30 and I LOVE it! Any names yet? We can't wait to see your little girl. Good Luck!
Yes Jen... I stalk your blog. :) When we had our second baby we had our camera and the batteries were dead!! So my advice would be to bring extra batteries. (Luckily there was a nurse who had some for us.. so we still got pictures.) I have blog too... if you want to check it out just email me at big.raquel@gmail.com It is private.
Post a Comment