Thursday, September 24, 2009

1st Date Night in Arizona! Thanks Jamie, Dan, Taylor & Parker!

Yes, we have been here about 10 months and this was our first time out without Joe! We are pathetic....actually it's I am pathetic. We have gone out to dinner a bunch, but we always take our buddy with us. He is pretty well behaved so I thought we were getting plenty of date time until we went to BLT Steak located at the beautiful resort. This week a bunch of restaurants in Arizona were offering great deals for restaurant week. Steve said we had to go try it. Well my cousin is in the Bahamas for her anniversary with her hubby and she is about the only person I'd want to leave Joe with...
I knew that if I didn't get someone to babysit we wouldn't go out so I took a chance and called this cute girl from my ward, Jamie, and luckily for me she said yes! She has 2 boys, 1 older than Joe and 1 younger than Joe, and a beautiful home that I was sure was filled with the most awesome toys. When I came to pick Joe up, I found that he had been absolutely spoiled with attention by Jamie and Dan. He came to the door with a flashlight thing on his head and he had a ton of toys that they were playing with. He screamed like a crazy person when we told him it was time to go and would probably like to be adopted into their family since they are obviously way cooler than his own parents. Jamie, thanks for making it so easy for us to go out! We really appreciate it! It was a wonderful night just enjoying Steve's company and the fabulous food (especially the cheesecake, the picture doesn't do justice) Love you babe, thanks for the date!

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm so glad you got a date night, I think that's how long it took us to go out for a date without the kids after we moved here too, I am willing to watch Joe whenever you want to go out again! He is soooo cute!

Anonymous said...

ohhh super fun! you guys sound like us... I can count on 2 hands the number of dates we have had without kiddos....oh well, the babies are little for just a short time, but really, how much pizza can one person have?

cute blog... see you on the 5th!
mindy

The Chappell Fam said...

Guess what? I am going to be in Phoenix at the end of November with my girls. Kenzie would love to see Joe. :) We'll have to get together.

Anonymous said...

Ahh,
You are so sweet! I am glad you guys had fun! We will adopt Joe anytime! :)

The Price Family said...

So glad you got a date night in! Whatever your dessert was - it looked delicious and now I am sitting here salivating. And let me know whenever you want me to watch Joe so you can have another one! So, any talk of getting induced? Your due date is fast approaching, huh?! Again, let me just emphasize that whenever you go into labor - day or night - we will come get Joe so you can go to the hospital. Oh, and in regards to carseats, I think both of mine are Graco and I think they're great, although a little bulkier than I'd like. AND, if you don't want to buy an infant seat...I do have a graco seat just sitting in my garage...