Saturday, July 19, 2008

Our boy is 18 months old!

Today our sweetie is 18 months old! He hung out with dad for awhile so that mom could go get her hair cut and then we went out for In N Out and Joe had his first strawberry shake to celebrate! Joe was pretty easy for his dad today...he took a nap in his big boy chair/recliner thing and fell asleep on his own...NEVER would he do that for his mother, he doesn't even take a nap when his mom is home. Joe is still a picky eater, but he is getting better. He LOVES cashews, thanks son for picking the most expensive nut to like and he really likes pretzels. He had a doughnut muffin this morning for breakfast and actually ate that. Chocolate is his favorite drink, it is chocolate milk, but we only say chocolate and cross our fingers that he'll drink it. He is becoming quite the little talker, he was attempting to say shoes yesterday but it came out as a funny s- word that Steve was like, Jen did he just say what I think he said? It was pretty funny. I love it when he says keys, please (sign and talking), more (sign and talking), thank you (sign), moo, woof woof, yeah, no, and boo. He has started doing this hilarious thing where he'll throw his head back, start laughing, and do his total cheeser face with his eyes squinted. I don't know if he is imitating us or what, but he was doing it tonight when we were walking to our car and these people passing us started cracking up because of it. His kisses are excellent, depending on how much he likes you he'll open his mouth that wide. Our friend Kristen got a big lick on both cheeks when she asked for a kiss!
Joe, we love you so much when you are so peacefully sleeping and you are our little angel,
but we love you just as much when you are doing something crazy that cracks us up...Peek a boo and hiding behind the doors are a new thing for Joe. I assumed he was hiding behind the bathroom door. Since it was dark, I once again assumed nothing could be going on, until I walked in and he was in the corner applying mascara just like he sees his mom doing and he thought it was pretty funny. The cleaning off part he didn't like so much since he got some perfectly on his eyelashes! Time flies when you are having fun with a sweetheart boy! Happy 18 months baby!

13 comments:

Rocia said...

jen, i just found your blog...yeah. hey, a group of us are going to see batman tuesday night, i don't have your email. email me with it and i will give you all the details....rocia.lake@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Happy 18 months Joe!! We sure do miss you guys. Love the blog template.

Kimberley said...

Love the mascara! And 18 months... Watch out nursery, it's official he goes with or without you!

Chelsea and Ben said...

I cannot wait to see my baby joe!! Next week is going to be soo fun! xoxo

Nathan and Whitney Tanner said...

I love that first pic of Joe in the hoodie. Priceless

Kera said...

yeah for nursery time :)

Amber said...

OK, love the new layout. Love the mascara picture. Steve must love that. Spencer freaks when Gavin tries my heels on. LOL.
I have never even heard of doughnut muffins. Fill me in.

Bedkes said...

I can't believe how old he is, that's gone by really fast! By the way where have you been, I haven't heard from you in forever. I'm sick in my bed right now but I told Karl I needed to look at your blog and see how you are doing. My whole fam has been in town and my phone has been turned off because we left our charger in Bakersfield. Anyways miss you guys!

Stacia said...

Joe, your hoodie rocks! Maybe go a little lighter on the mascara, though. ;^)

Amber said...

Hey thanks for the recipe! Cant wait to try it. And if you want to share any other family favorites. Please do so I love new recipes!

The Birds said...

Wow! He's so big and SOOOOO darn cute - seriously one of the cutest little guys I ever did see! I wish you still lived here so we could hear all his new words and his cheeser face!! I have been thinking about you A LOT lately and thought I'd give you a call tomorrow on my way to Vernal. Can't wait to talk to ya!
~Chandi

PS- Give Joe kisses from us!

Amber said...

Jen-
We tried those muffins tonight. And they were yummy but I had a bunch of that sugar left over. I just did the top of the muffins in sugar. Was I supposed to do the whole thing? Either way they were a hit over here.
Amber

Sue said...

"I see Ya" Love you, Grandma xoxoxo