Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Last minute visitors!

We have had some very fun visitors since we have lived in San Francisco, but when my friend Lindsay called and said she was leaving New York and flying into San Francisco the next day, I was in shock! She is one of my greatest friends since junior high and onto high school where we cheered together through to being in my wedding until now---I thought she had fallen off the face of the earth and I was about ready to call off our friendship until I heard about Bryan. When we were on the phone, she said Jen, he is a great guy---he is like Steve...I knew I had to meet this character. A lot of my friends aren't LDS so they think Steve is the whole package, which he is, but a comparison to him means this could be serious. I picked up Linds the next day drove her around the city some and then we went to get Bryan from his teaching conference.This is Bryan and Linds, we took them to the crookedest street after dinner. I tried to grill him in the car, but after about the 3rd question, I could tell this guy was for real and I stopped asking. We love Bryan, his next challenge is to make it through a McKeon family meal, maybe when I come home soon...They are so happy together and really know how to treat each other.
I took them to the Point Bonita Lighthouse, well, mainly because I love it there and think it is so pretty.
I love this bridge, whenever I see it I am in awe of how beautiful it is and that the pictures don't do it justice.
Joe stopped his awnriness(?) for a second for the picture. I guess I can't blame the kid, he was napless for 2 days, but when Lindsay is in town it's a PARTAY and he'll come to know that soon enough. Linds, thanks so much for letting us see you! I know it was supposed to be a romantic weekend, but thanks for including us! Thanks for making the trekk to the church to say goodbye, and especially for having the guts to knock on classroom doors to find us! Love ya!
Can my son be the face of Pirate's Booty? Thank you to Pirate's Booty for making this all natural, good for you product...It is my son's breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with some other things in between. Isn't he the cutest!

5 comments:

Sue said...

Great to see Linds and Bryan, come on over for dinner, just let me know when so that everyone can be here to put in their 2 cents, like it matters?! Joe thinks he knows a secret. . .hmmm I think he knows something or many things we don't.
Has he ever taken a bad picture? Love you, Mom xoxoxooxoxox

Nathan and Whitney Tanner said...

So cute! Hopefully I can come and visit soon and you can show me all of your favorite places! Joe is adorable, and it's great to get an update on Lindsay!

Pete & Lora said...

haha can he not be the cutest thing ever?!?!

Stacia said...

Yeah right that picture doesn't do it justice... that photo is beautiful!

Kera said...

i just love the bridge and lighthouse pictures.