Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Birthday to my sista sista!

Chelsea, Selina Ballerina, Chels, Sista Sista, Sissy, Princess Happy Birthday! I can't believe you are 21 today and that I am not there to celebrate, but Joe and I probably wouldn't fit in at ballroom dancing tonight! You know you are the best sister ever and that besides mom no one loves my baby Joe like you do! Thanks for always being behind me even if you aren't as feisty and up front about it as I am. I am so proud of you for doing so good in school and being such a good little wifey to Benny boy. Crazy to think we have 21 years of memories: 3 year old me carrying a couple week old baby you to the couch, taking you on wagon rides to Coronado, rock n a roll yeah yeah yeah, bath tub bikinis with barbie soap and gold scrunchies and hair done to the nines, singing to the video camera by myself while you whine, talent shows, barbie weddings on the stairs, knocking your teeth back with my head because you pulled me into you, golf tournaments with unfortunate sprinkler events, matching until we were 13, cheerleading, laying out, missions, golf lessons with the golf club going farther than the golf ball, Coronado trips, teasing the boys, you living with us for a month, the fun chair and scrambled egg event, singing to Joe, meeting Ben and thinking he was too good to be true so I kept talking about you to him since you were too shy, and then I made dinner for him pretending it was you while you danced around the kitchen, and because you weren't being as aggressive as I thought you should be I told you what should happen next and next until you got the picture, skiing down the bunny hill I think we have both been taken down or cut off by Cassidy :), model pictures with me being cropped out afterwards, helping you get a dress for Ben's sister's wedding, seeing my beautiful sister go through the temple, get married in the temple and not shed a tear very unlike me and mama, dancing the night away with our babes actually mainly by myself because mine took over Joe for the night--amazing, San Francisco surprise trip, and hopefully many more trips to come, and spending countless hours on the phone worried about baby brothers and our adoring parents. I love you love you love you and thank you for being the wonderful sweetheart of a sister that you are.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Jen, You have quite the memory, you remembered some pretty special times. . .it has been a great Life!
Truly blessed by our family. . .Love you, Mom xoxoxox

Chelsea and Ben said...

Thanks sista sista,we have had some good times! Can't wait for many more to come! xoxo