Monday, June 15, 2009

Mom's Birthday, My Birthday, Dad's Birthday

Well these 3 birthdays were in May, but I wanted to document them in June for fun. My mom's birthday is 2 days before mine and my dad's is the day after mine. May is a birthday filled month in our fam and I love it! We'll start out with mine being on Memorial Day. Unfortunately Steve had to work so Joe and I went swimming, took naps and the second dad got home we went swimming again, went out to a nice pizza place by our house followed by ice cream and a stop at Blockbuster. It was my kind of night. Thanks to my friends and my wonderful family who actually called.
I'm usually in town for these birthdays for some reason so it was hard for Steve and I not to be there this year, but I guess life is just getting more busy. My mom is the best woman I know. She somehow does everything for everyone without hoping for anything back, and most of the time she does it without getting anything back. Everyone always tells me how beautiful my mom is and all I can do is agree. She is such a hard worker never stopping to put her feet up. My dad is the luckiest man because she pretty much spends her days trying to make his life easier and waits on him. It is so refreshing to see how much she loves him and appreciates him for who he is. She is the best grandma and Joe tells me frequently that he is leaving me to go to grandma's by himself! Thanks mom for being my best friend I love you!
My dad is such a sweet man always putting his family first. He sacrifices his own wants for his family's needs. He is an amazing coach and leader. I love watching Frasier with him and trying to tickle his little knees and being reminded of how strong he is :), and that quite frankly he doesn't like when I do that. I love how much he loves his baby Joe and that somehow my child can do nothing wrong in his or my mom's eyes. I love that he loves my mom more than anything and that he tries to surprise her with presents in the sweetest way. My dad is super smart...business smart, street smart, church smart, but he would never make you feel like he knows it all. He actually won't give his opinion unless someone really wants it. I love that he still calls me Jennie-the-Rose even though I wrote that on my papers um....a long time ago.

0 comments: