Monday, March 16, 2009

Trip to Valencia...over a month ago :)

Valentine's Day was going to be great this year! I was going to my parents for the week to hang out and watch Ben and JK for a couple nights while my parents went to Vegas for a business thing. Well the first half of the week was great. We went to a basketball game, hung out and went to lunch with Grandma and Grandpa a lot. We got JK and Ben out of school most of the time we were there.

Here is studly Uncle JK getting ready for the Valentine's Day dance. Joe wished he could go, but he was "Grandma's Valentine" so he got to stay home.
Uncle Ben not really into the whole dance thing so he stayed home and hung out with us! That would be the extent of my Valentine's Day. My husband drove in and I was so excited to leave my child with my parents for the afternoon/night and do whatever we wanted, until I got the 24 hour flu! I didn't even write on Steve's card! So we spent the evening eating Panda Express and watching some basketball game that was on. Steve spoiled me with a great book and beautiful Versace sunglasses. So not the Valentine's Day I was planning for, but still great because I was with the fam!

Then I had to document this...my good friend Jess called when I was in town saying she needed to learn how to change a diaper because she had just gotten hired as a nanny...Having 3 younger siblings and tons of nieces and nephews, I thought there was no way she was serious, but she was! She came over and practiced on Joe and she did great!

Joe found an interesting place to hide from us...good thing there are air holes. It freaked me out when I first saw him!
It was a fun trip seeing friends and hanging out. Thanks Chelsea for doing our hair!
Thanks so much for letting us come visit, thanks for the spare bed for Joe and thanks Steve for driving out Saturday to come get us and the bed and then for packing it so geniusly so it didn't get soaked on the way home!




2 comments:

d said...

Even if you were sick, I am so jealous. Dad and Hayd come out in two weeks and I can hardly wait!!!

Sue said...

He had so much fun, it is time to come back? Maybe tomorrow?
Hopefully sooner than later.
Love you, Mom xoxoxoxxxx