Friday, April 10, 2009

We are spontaneous!

Long story short, Steve's grandma was visiting St George from Calgary and I told Steve what a great opportunity it would be to go see her and his parents. I kept pushing him and pushing him to get work off and on Thursday around 6 we were on our way! Joe and I soooo needed a break from Phoenix. I was pretty homesick but am going to Valencia in a week and a half so I figured I shouldn't ask to go there two times in a month :) Plus I have come to love St George and have been begging to go there for a while. So Friday morning at 1:15 we arrived. Grandma treated us to a delicious McDonalds breakfast when we got up. Grandma Bev came home to surprise us during lunch and took Joe back to school with her for 3 hours! She said he was perfect and that he colored and played quietly with toys while her kids took a test and then she took him to an assembly. I was shocked because he was there during his nap time. He hasn't stopped talking about the bunnies and turtles he saw at her school.
While Steve was calling some friends to go golfing, he found out this lovely family was in town also. Jake, Kathryn, Morgan and 2 week old Jane were visiting from Las Vegas. I am so lucky that Steve's friends married such fun girls. I probably get as excited as Steve does when we find out who is in town. Sometimes I just feel like I need my "Kathryn fix." We went to Pizza Factory with them for lunch and then went home to take a nap. Joe got to meet baby Jane after naps and thought she was beautiful. We then went to Uncle Bruce & Aunt Susan's for some pizza and on the way home we rented Slumdog Millionaire, awesome movie and Steve taught me how to drive a stick! Yes, he is extremely patient!

Saturday morning we watched conference, Steve and his dad went golfing with Jake and his dad, and Bev, grandma and I had Bajios! While sweet Joe was sleeping I escaped to a yummy lunch at 25 on Main. Kathryn was surprised that I love treats so much but had never been there, they have really yummy cupcakes and I wanted to try every one! Saturday afternoon Steve golfed with his dad and Uncle Bruce. Joe and I joined in the walk for the last 2 holes. Joe loved it and grandpa helped him putt in a few.

We watched some conference Sunday and then got on our way, hit traffic and took 8 hours to get home! Two days wasn't long enough, but I'll take it! We had so much fun and I needed a break and got it. My in laws were so sweet to take us last minute. Thanks Bev for watching Joe so much and taking him to the park. Love you guys!


2 comments:

McKeon Clan said...

Nothing beats spontaneity! Sounds like a ball! CAN'T wait for our road trip, some sunshine and to see YOU all!!
XOXO

Kathryn e. said...

i am so glad that we were able to spend sometime together! We need to do it again sometime soon...maybe this time we will come down to you in AZ!