Saturday, November 8, 2008

I'm a big girl now...

As most of you know, I am a baby when it comes to even thinking of staying by myself. I have never stayed home alone...If Steve has had to go somewhere, I have rushed home to my mama and papa, or once I forced Chelsea to come stay with me and baby Joe (Franklin) as Chelsea liked to call him. Well Steve needed to fly to Arizona for lets say um roughly 192 hours. AH! What is a girl to do?! I of course would have loved to go home, but with the move so close and wanting to have some more time with friends I opted to stay here and try to take care of Joe and I...I begged Chelsea and Grandma to come, but both have TONS of stuff going on during this time. Surprisingly enough we have done ok. We have had a party every day. We have played lots with Seerah (Sarah), Hilly (Hillary), Roges (Roger), & Kenzie(both Kenzie and Kenzie's mom, Stephanie is too hard to say). Last night we stayed up until 12:30 and watched August Rush, yes Joe watched the whole thing and even clapped when there was applause. We both got in our jammies and cuddled on the couch. Tonight our party included watching Toy Story and eating pretzels. Joe deserved a medal for today. He went with me to a friends baby shower dinner and sat in a high chair or big boy chair for the 2 hours we were there! There were no other kids and yes he did need attention, but I couldn't believe he lasted in a grown up restaurant, I was extremely proud. I know I am biased but when my friend Kristen walked in, Joe started saying Uke, Uke (Luke) wondering where Kristen's son was...Impressive since we don't see them all too often. Then to Mithona it was Eav, Eav wondering where her cute little girl was...Impressive as well since we have hung out with Eav just a couple times.
Lovey love! I love you! Thanks for being such a good buddy to me the past couple days. It has been very fun to just be a mom and only worry about you and playing kiddy things...Tomorrow let's make the bed and actually make dinner and do dishes and tidy up, maybe :)
See he loves just having 100% attention on him...Some of my favorite things he says (which are pretty much everything he says) are: noyce (nice surfer style), I'm cowbee Joe (cowboy Joe), I'm funny, bus, daddy, airplane, train, tractor, big truck, motorcycle, cow, horsie, ducky, Grandma, Grandpa, Chelsea, Bee (Ben), JK, Jamie (he has this funny thing with Jamie Krommenhoek, maybe it's because he knows she is too nice and will let him be in control when she babysits), booty (pirate's booty), shark, froo snack (fruit snack), prayer, and the list could go on and on...He talks a lot during the day. I love it when he occasionally puts his little arm around my neck and kisses me on the cheek. A couple mornings ago I was blow drying my hair and my head was flipped over, he walked in and moved my hair and kissed my cheek and said hi mom. Joe you are the sweetest, don't change. Always love your mom
Now that I've gone on and on about how fun the past few days have gone, will my sexy other half please come back! I've proven that I can do it, but we want you home. So hurry up with the training stuff and get on the airplane. I missed teasing you about the football games on today and didn't know what to even watch on a Saturday. I didn't even have to put up a fight to rent August Rush. The bed is cold. I'm running out of energy and am only half way there. Joe needs someone to really wrestle with, he was trying to take a purse with him when we left today. I guess I can take out the trash by myself. Thank you for not choosing a job that makes you travel, I couldn't have handled it. Life is so much easier with your help. Thanks for being the sweet, motivated, gentle man that you are. As Joe would say it, daddy hold you hold you...We miss you! Steve, you are hot!jgjgjdfgkxkkdlkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkoidijdsiskiiidskeeeehet ee love you dad-Joe
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Sue said...

JenRose and Joe, YES get Daddy home!That is a great picture of you and Steve and YES great picture of Joe on the sofa he is definitely his Daddy, should we call him baby Steve? Great meeting today at Lorin's and Nanette's ward. . .many blessings, call me so I can tell that, that I can't write. Wonderful, powerful spirit. It makes me want to go out and work that much harder and do more missionary work, Wahoo on prop 8, counting our blessings and putting on the armor of God to work that much harder. Interesting life. . .Love You, Mom xoxoxoxoxoxxxx

Unknown said...

Thanks for the nice comments honey. I miss you two too. I like the new blog style, your so creative. Thanks Joe for typing a few things for me as well. Love you two talk to you soon.

Kristin said...

I hate it when Luke goes to market. Everything is easier with Daddy. Hey I saw Jaime and Dan Cook on your list. I grew up with Danny and his sister Ashlee. If you see them tell Dan I said hi. My maiden name is Turner. He'll know us.

Jon and Kari-Lynn Tarleton said...

You are such a cute mom. I could just imagine you and Joe on the couch hanging out all night. Fun!!! I agree. We are lucky to have such great boys around us!!!

Hillary said...

We can hang out with you and Cowboy Joe every day! Sarah is going to be super sad when she realizes that Cowboy Joe doesn't live just two blocks away anymore. :( As for me, I'm still in denial.

Brooke said...

this is so sweet! what a perfect little boy!

Tyson and Courtney said...

Seriously a cute post. And no, Jamie didn't tell me about your favor, but I'm sure I'm willing for whatever it is! Call me or e-mail me!

The Birds said...

So proud of you!!!
~Chandi