Pretty much the second I felt able to drive 6 hours by myself, I got in the car, packed off the kids and left! It happened to be an extra treat that Aunt Chelsea and Uncle Ben were there also! I bought this outfit, pre Joe, pre Lynden and was so excited to put her in it...Granted it's still summer, so I only put her in it for a second! Nice one Jen! I have a cute picture of my dad feeding me strawberries when I was younger so when I found this outfit by Hartstrings, I had to have it! Nostalgic reasons!
Love the strawberry cap!
Our kids loved the pool and the never ending attention. I mean, who really gets pulled around on a surfboard in somewhat cold water by 2 of their faves?!
Loving the "boat"
Uncle JK went in everytime with the kids. He is such a lifesaver! I couldn't throw Joe that high, over and over, day after day. We loved it!
Joe loved it and begged for it
Lynden preparing to be like big brother
I didn't know a boogie board could be so entertaining
Having a heart to heart with Uncle JK
The boat was tipping so Joe would swim to "safety"
Hanging out with Grandpa Joe. I wish I had his tan
Uncle Dan also helped providing never ending attention. He always helps Joe expand his imagination whether it be with Santa Claus on the roof...turning the BMW into a pirate ship with the sunroof as a lookout point...and this time the fascination was bear hunting! He got Joe a little nervous so he said these fireworks would scare away the bears.
Uncle Dan being super quick on his feet
If anyone knows my mom, you know she was losing it that Joe was this close to fireworks, but hey, he had to help "scare away the bears!" Oh, Uncle Dan, we sure love you!
I'm assuming Uncle JK didn't know what to do next with Joe so he captured him? Luckily, Joe didn't have the anxiety I would have had if the positions would've been switched.
Uncle Ben taking Lynden for a ride.
Uncle Ben and Lynden are buddies. Their mutual adoration for each other is very apparent. I love it and am really appreciative of it. I didn't know Ben could be so sweet, since he is usually beating me at something or beating me up.
Also I planned this trip to be in town for this sweet lady's baby shower! Britt has always been such a good friend to me and she is going to be blessed with a little princess in September, so this trip happened to be perfectly timed for the knee, the family and my friends!
Has anyone ever put together a 3D puzzle?! Joe was so excited for this Spiderman puzzle, but I got a weird headache from putting it together.
As always, we had such a great time in California. It was fun to get to see friends. Erin came and laid out with Chels and I, Terri and I went to dinner and soon after she got engaged (congrats!), and I got to go see Lindsay's new house. My family was so helpful, especially since the leg was acting up! The kids were quite the troopers and were excellent on the drive there. We missed our daddy like crazy though!
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment